major diff i find from mech and regulated mods are..

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
mech mods seem to collect characters as they get old. even little dings look fine after being well used. regulated mods, mass produced ones like i have look like crap once the paint start chipping away.
I don't know about that, sounds like your comparing a non painted mech to a painted reg. Chipped or peeling paint looks equally as bad on either. Maybe it's because your mech is brass or ss and has no painted surface and your regulated box is a cheaper painted one. What about this? Maybe this perhaps falls into the character mod
uploadfromtaptalk1483568103167.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
nice mod vapdivrr............now i want;) one
Thanks my friend, I love the stratums, the only way to obtain that specific one is resale because they don't make the lux anymore. Like the OP mentioned, i don't care for painted type mods because of the way they wear, so I try to avoid them. Carbon fiber , delrin, or wood types hold up good also

Reactions: BackDoc

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Carbon fiber , delrin, or wood types hold up good also
    I have a silicone sleeve for my iStick. Some of the black paint has worn off a bit on the sides, but not off the front and back panels, yet..

Reactions: vapdivrr

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    I have a silicone sleeve for my iStick. Some of the black paint has worn off a bit on the sides, but not off the front and back panels, yet..
    Yes its not helped... I have a couple vapor sharks that are like 50/50, half painted and half worn off. The skins do cover alot

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    You can always get some hobby paint...like the stuff you'd use on an RC or model car/plane and give your worn mod a little personal touch.
    I've thought of something like that, but for a clearo that I have. It has a yellow paint on it, but it was 4 bucks cheaper than the black one that I would've gotten. I might just leave it unpainted after I sand it or Dremel grind the existing paint off..

Reactions: mongo74
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread