Major review surprise for the masses...Coming soon... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
Last edited:

dgm76513

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Belton, TX
  • Deleted by Robino1
  • Reason: ENOUGH!

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Pissing contests will stop NOW!

:rules: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-forum-rules/51178-forum-rules.html

8. Courtesy
a. Members must be polite at all times. When addressing another Forum user, you will be polite. Courteous discussion is welcome here but heated and abusive argument is not. If attacked you are not allowed to respond in kind. Instead use the Private Message system and try to resolve matters privately and amicably. If problems persist ask for the help of a Moderator.
b. Suppliers cannot post negative material about other suppliers or their products or service or prices, whether they are ECF Suppliers or not.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...ml#post4967638

9. Personal attacks
You can disagree with the subject matter of a post, but never personally attack the poster - “Attack the post, not the poster”. Treat people as you would like to be treated yourself: with courtesy.

10. Misconduct
a. These are not permitted -
Flaming (insults).
Criticising or complaining about a Moderator, or how the site is run, except via PM (private message).
Discussion or mention of illegal/illicit drugs or sexual content.
Posting of vulgar videos.
Obscene or vulgar language.
Trying to place offensive text in a post by evading the forum's built-in word censor, using symbols or alternative letters for example.
Multiple identities/accounts: each member is allowed only one account on the ECF Forums. This also applies to Facebookers (one account only on ECF).
Spamming for post count (placing meaningless posts) is against the rules.

Keep it up and the thread will be closed. :-x

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
FL 510 (Over The Top Baby)
Uh oh, Robino1 used a bad word and that's bad (or rather a result of how far we have pushed her).

Icey, please take time to read the suggestions and constructive criticism that has been offered. There's a lot of guano in this thread but there are some real good pieces of advice to be found as well.

The initial approach may have rubbed some the wrong way but rather than jump to an overly defensive stance and separate yourself from the party, jump in and throw some fun jabs right back.

I've said this to a couple other reviewers who have failed epically, if your not prepared to take the negative then putting yourself in the public spotlight doing reviews may not be a great idea. There are going to be haters, not everyone is going to put on their unicorns and puppies glasses when they read/watch your reviews. Have fun with them, join the party. However if you insist on standing over in the corner and being defensive the party will likely move on and leave you in the corner talking to yourself.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Uh oh, Robino1 used a bad word and that's bad (or rather a result of how far we have pushed her).

Icey, please take time to read the suggestions and constructive criticism that has been offered. There's a lot of guano in this thread but there are some real good pieces of advice to be found as well.

The initial approach may have rubbed some the wrong way but rather than jump to an overly defensive stance and separate yourself from the party, jump in and throw some fun jabs right back.

I've said this to a couple other reviewers who have failed epically, if your not prepared to take the negative then putting yourself in the public spotlight doing reviews may not be a great idea. There are going to be haters, not everyone is going to put on their unicorns and puppies glasses when they read/watch your reviews. Have fun with them, join the party. However if you insist on standing over in the corner and being defensive the party will likely move on and leave you in the corner talking to yourself.

I would seriously consider following this advice. He has YOUR best interest at heart.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I think in a former life I may have tried to sneak something by Classy, still have a nervous twitch from the aftermath.

Somebody earlier on before this thread derailed asked for ninjas, little did they know that like a ninja in the night Classy sees ALL!

I was given a reputation that I am trying to live up to :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Unless you have Scarlett Johansson nude holding the atty were all going to be let down.

Late to the **** show, as usual. While you wait, here's Ms. Johansson sans atty, available on utoob.

Fitting title for this thread, btw.

11178828_det.jpg

Robino1

Resting in Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    Oh you have a reputation all right, buuuut you also have the power of the asterisk and infractions tab so I'll keep my mouth shut. :-x

Ahhhh grasshopper, sometime reputations are given but not really earned ;)
    Also...sometimes when things go south, things are misinterpreted and not come across at all what the original intention was supposed to be...

That was so unclear, I don't know if I understand that last sentence I wrote .... :blink:

BlkWolfMidnight

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 20, 2012
    Virginia
    Before this thread is closed (likely will be) some good things came out of it all.

Advice for posters,
    Yup, getting around the naughty words filter is bad mojo, just don't do it.
    The only way someone gets better is criticism but try to keep it to constructive, just saying someone is horrible at something does not help them figure out why.

Advice for reviewer
    This thread has some gold in it, real nuggets to take to heart in truth.
    Review the device and specs but just that, remember personal opinions are like (censored) everyone's got them so they aren't really going to want to hear your personal opinion about the device (I skip over every reviewers personal affections for the device unless its describing flavor production).
    You'll need a descent camera if nothing else a better shooting location. For a few bucks you can make a backdrop screen with a white sheet and some PVC pipe from your local hardware store to put behind you. Get really creative and with some colored LED lights you could have it any color you want then (Just saying).
    Very few reviews I've seen make it a note to start with a price or receipt of product first, if they are interested then they will source out the price themselves or even get the clone of it however that is NOT why they are watching your review. Trust me most could care less about the price of it (besides that makes you look a bit pretentious in truth).
    Don't start with "Review in X days" and leave folks hanging, it looks a lot more professional if you have it done already and in ready cue to upload. No one is going to care that you do it live or not if its youtube, and if its live then stick to your guns and say "Date/time review of ( xyz) atomizer airing". I don't think any "Big Reviewer" can get away even with what you pulled off.

Ok, so I'm a DJ, yup never heard of me right, you won't...unless you ask or have meet me in person. I don't run around putting my chest out and trying to fish for folks to listen to my sets. The people that I do have that listen are steadfast however and word of mouth spreads like wildfire. The moral of this story is just review and go, you don't need to generate hype because the higher on the stool you set yourself the longer the fall to the bottom it is (I've learned this the hard way). Take what you've been given in this thread and run with it, you have some polishing to do still but even the ugliest diamond can still be polished up to shine.

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 1, 2013
    FL 510 (Over The Top Baby)
    Good god! Members of the Blue Screwdriver Cult have escaped FastTech and are posting in this thread! Alert the mods!

...oh wait. Every mod on ECF is watching this thread right now anyways...

Every Mod AND 4000 others. Kinda like a multi car pileup, everyone has to look even if they don't want to.

PapaSloth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 16, 2014
    Portland, OR, USA
    Every Mod AND 4000 others. Kinda like a multi car pileup, everyone has to look even if they don't want to.

Sometimes, you feel like you just have to keep reading because the issues being discussed are crucial for your success as a vaper.

And then there's this thread.

BlkWolfMidnight

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 20, 2012
    Virginia
    Ok, Robino. I agree. Thanks for deleting that post. Not my best moment. But when you try.... nevermind. I learned my lesson. Please don't use the paddle again :(

Don't feel badly, The mods have a special paddle for me I'm almost sure of it by now... I've a very, very bad boy and happy to admit it ;)

But its all good, all the bad kids have all the fun :: Rides off on my Honda VTX 1300c Humming "Born to be wild" ::

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread