Making My First Flavor Order from TPA/TFA

Status
Not open for further replies.

slider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
Sacramento, CA
I want to make my first order from TPA. So far, I like a lot of the fruity flavors I've tried.

I like the following:
Hawaiian punch with a cooling feel to the vape
Pina Colada
Raspberry Cheesecake
Orange Dream [Machine]

What flavors/sizes should I include in the order? and/or what flavors/sizes would you order from TPA if you were going to make your first order [all over again]? I'm looking to spend between $50 and $100.

slider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
Sacramento, CA
I'll post to the DIY forum when I gain access to it.... If someone could copy my post there it would be appreciated.

I just want a good "base" to go off of. For example I've read that cotton candy can be used with a lot of different flavors so I'm guessing I should get a larger bottle of that??? Are there certain essentials flavors I will need?

slider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
Sacramento, CA
I looked at the DIY thread and decided on the order below. How does it look? Any recipes you would suggest?

Strawberry- 1oz
Koolada 10% (PG)- 1oz
Key Lime- 1oz
Cotton Candy- 1oz
Pina Colada- 1oz
Vanilla Swirl- 1oz
Blueberry Wild- 15ml
Caramel (original)- 15ml
Coconut Candy- 15ml
Graham Cracker- 15ml
Hawaiian Punch- 15ml
Kiwi- 15ml
Mango- 15ml
Orange Cream- 15ml
Pineapple- 15ml
Vanilla (Burbon)- 15ml
Watermellon- 15ml
Caramel cappoccino- 4ml
Vanilla Custard- 4ml
Tiramisu- 4ml

eric1973

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2013
Dayton
Hi Slider,

That is an impressive order; plenty to blend and mix with...

Make sure you do your homework, and plenty of it. It's easy to end up with some bad experiences with DIY if not, and TPA flavors are known to be touchy to work in some instances.

Many have personal methods with DIY. That being said, it's still important to stick with some base factors and keep it safe. With a little patience, which I'm still learning myself, you'll go far. Again, keep reading and studying the forum; there's alot of expert knowledge there that will guide you along.

I intend to do the same. :)

slider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
Sacramento, CA
I did a decent amount of research in the TPA forum. I decided on small quantaties of the "touchy" flavors, and larger quantaties of the flavors that were used in multiple recipes (except Pina Colada, which I like). Cotton Candy & Koolada are my main enhancers. I'm hoping the Hawaiian Punch with Koolada mixed with a 70/30 base will taste like the Hawaiian Punch I got from NorCalVapes. I'm taking a risk on the Pina Colada but I love what it should taste like so hopefully it will work.

I looked at the sample packs, but decided against it since they had a lot of flavors I wouldn't think I would like so I opted to go for mostly solid flavors that had positive reviews on the forum. I have a small amount of mixing experience using LorAnns and this is my first time trying TPA.

For those that care, my total before shipping and tax was $83 (so just within the price margin I was looking for).

SethGrimm

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2012
Jacksonville Florida
I realize this is rather old and I'm sure you've used all of these flavorings by now but just for future warning(if you still don't know this and you value your health), a few of those flavors are not intended to be vaped.

Key lime is an essential oil base which is not good to inhale. Try to stick with Graham Cracker(clear) as it doesn't contain caramel color which is carcinogenic. The Vanilla Custard contains custard ingredients that are widely known NEVER to inhale. Linda warns on the Vanilla Custard description about these custard notes. Please ALWAYS read the fine print instead of impulse buying whatever sounds good. There are way too many DIYers and even juice vendors who overlook safety for enjoyment.

Like I said you could very well already know this by now but it never hurts to get the information out there. We as a community should thrive to make vaping as safe as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread