MAP Tank replacement parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowhunterr2001

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Beaver, Pa
Bruce will you be adding any MAP tank replacement parts to the website soon?? I have been using my tank for several weeks now and the tube is starting to show significant signs of wear.. The are several small cracks at the top and bottom of the tube, I assume they are for disassembling and reassembling in the cleaning process.. I would like to get a few extra tubes and some extra o-rings if at all possible..

jkoppk

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2011
hanover,PA.
I'm not sure if it's the material the tube is made of or what but i'm on my third tube in just a few weeks.It always starts with very small cracks at the top and bottom and then you know you have a day or two until it splits.Mine was a unused mini I bought from a member here.I'm starting to think maybe the derlin parts are ever so slightly oversized causing extra pressure and then failure.I love this tank and the vape it gives but I don't know what i'm gonna do when this last tube cracks.The first one was my fault and failed instantly because i filled it with Geoffs Blend which has cinnamon extract in it.Oh well maybe this one will last.

jkoppk

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2011
hanover,PA.
I would like to buy 3 or 4 back up tubes for my regular MAP tank...

The thing is you shouldn't need several backup tubes,one tube should last you a real long time for the price you pay.Several people have problems with cracking tubes.I think the material should be changed to something a bit softer to avoid cracking.

bowhunterr2001

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Beaver, Pa
The material is Lexan. Some juices will weaken it.
Lexan is strong enough to drive your car over or smash with a hammer with no damage...
Check out my facebook if you want to see actual videos showing MAP doing this.

I will replace the tubes right now on 1 by 1 basis if your has broken.

I would be more than happy to pay for the tubes...I'm not expecting a hand out.. I would just like a couple extra in case I have another one break, I don't want to be down 3 or 4 days without my tank..

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio
Hi CDATundra,

It's best to cut the tubing using a band saw; however any fine tooth hack saw or hobby saw works. You can clean up the cut after using a file or sand paper. Put some masking tape or painters tape over the tubing prior to cutting it in order to protect the tubing, this also makes it easier to mark your cut. You can place the tubing in a miter box to help keep the cut square.

The following measurements are the closest I came up with to being as accurate as possible to the size of the original tanks that came with the MAP tank.

The regular MAP tank that takes an XL CE2 has a tube length of 46mm or 1-13/16’ or 1.8125”.

The min MAP tank that takes a regular CE2 has a tube length of 29mm or 1-5/32 or 1.143”.

Check your tube length for the correct measurement prior to cutting.

Hope this helps.

PKZ

Last edited:

NativeTexan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
Lampasas Texas
I bought 2 used Map Tanks from another member here on the forum awhile back, and just now received the stainless cartos to use with them. I tried to pull the old carto out but the whole delrin cap came out. When i tried to put it back in, it cracked the tube. Same thing happened to the second one, even after lubing the o-ring with VG. If extra tubes are for sale, I would be willing to buy one....or five or six...lol.

EDIT: Forgot to ask what size tubing the tanks use.

Last edited:

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio
I bought 2 used Map Tanks from another member here on the forum awhile back, and just now received the stainless cartos to use with them. I tried to pull the old carto out but the whole delrin cap came out. When i tried to put it back in, it cracked the tube. Same thing happened to the second one, even after lubing the o-ring with VG. If extra tubes are for sale, I would be willing to buy one....or five or six...lol.

EDIT: Forgot to ask what size tubing the tanks use.

Hi NativeTexan,

Here is a link that has a video in the thread that shows how to replace the CE2 in the MAP tank!

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-help-replacing-ce2-map-tank.html#post3079199

Hope this helps.

PKZ

BTW, Look up! :)

I give the size for the MAP tank tubing in post #14 in this thread, which is two posts above your post!

Last edited:

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio
You mean the same pipe cutter you use for cutting the CE-2?

I believe so.

I've tried it, however I may have applied too much pressure too soon, as it did not work for me. Or my tubing cutter is worn and not as sharp as a new one.

I thought maybe a Ridgid Plastic Pipe Cutter would work. However, I can't seem to find mine to give it a try.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread