Status
Not open for further replies.

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio
I believe so.

I've tried it, however I may have applied too much pressure too soon, as it did not work for me. Or my tubing cutter is worn and not as sharp as a new one.

I thought maybe a Ridgid Plastic Pipe Cutter would work. However, I can't seem to find mine to give it a try.

WOW! I just found my "Ridgid Plastic Pipe Cutter" and it works great at cutting the Polycarbonate tubing!

It makes a nice clean cut!

Last edited:

JarodTufts

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2010
Salem, Oregon

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio
So... I've got 3 MAP tanks. I love 'em. But, I also have issues with the material cracking after a week or so. I've read in this thread that the material is Lexan. Would anyone have an idea if another material would be more resistant? I'm wondering if maybe Polycarbonate or Acrylic might be better...

Acrylic: 3/4" OD x 5/8" ID Acrylic Tubing | U.S. Plastic Corp.
Polycarbonate: 3/4" OD x 5/8" ID x 1/16" Wall Polycarbonate Tubing | U.S. Plastic Corp.

Lexan is a brand name for polycarbonate, same stuff. Acrylic is weak and I would not use it.

VapeSoniq

Jun 15, 2011
DMV
Mine just cracked on me last night, looks like they don't like a wintergreen/spearmint blend. Had to leave it at home and resort to a cart tank for standard attys with dual coil carto as backup for work today. I hope the cracks haven't gone all the way through so I can atleast enjoy it when I get home. I was wondering if using rigid soft tubing, or even a metal pipe if one felt they didnt need to see the juice level, would be a good substitute when using destructive juices.

JarodTufts

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2010
Salem, Oregon
I ordered a few feet of both Lexan and Acrylic. I couldn't get a 'Rigid Plastic Pipe Cutter' to work. The tubing is just too hard for a simple blade, and would crack and break. I used a cut off saw I got at Harbor Freight. This worked great. I did read that Acrylic is supposed to be 'weak', but I don't know what this was supposed to mean. My interest is if the Acrylic will resist cracking better than the Lexan. I've got a couple of Map Tanks fixed with Acrylic tubes right now. One is loaded with some Atomic Cynicide right now. I'll let you all know how it goes.

BigBulli

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2011
Mine just cracked on me last night, looks like they don't like a wintergreen/spearmint blend. Had to leave it at home and resort to a cart tank for standard attys with dual coil carto as backup for work today. I hope the cracks haven't gone all the way through so I can atleast enjoy it when I get home. I was wondering if using rigid soft tubing, or even a metal pipe if one felt they didnt need to see the juice level, would be a good substitute when using destructive juices.

I am getting some of this: Stainless Steel 316L Seamless Round Tubing, 3/4" OD, 0.62" ID, 0.065" Wall, 12" Length | SmallParts.com

I have four reasons:
1: Durability
2:Appearance on a steel pv
3:Lack of light getting to liquid
4: Tighter fit it has a .005" smaller id and won't crack like polycarbonate when press fitted

Last edited:

VapeSoniq

Jun 15, 2011
DMV
I am getting some of this: Stainless Steel 316L Seamless Round Tubing, 3/4" OD, 0.62" ID, 0.065" Wall, 12" Length | SmallParts.com

I have four reasons:
1: Durability
2:Appearance on a steel pv
3:Lack of light getting to liquid
4: Tighter fit it has a .005" smaller id and won't crack like polycarbonate when press fitted
How would you go about cutting this? I've read that some juices eat through the delrin as well, so just a head up.

I did attempt using the rigid tubing, a chemical flavor stayed in the liquid. I eventually cut myself some new polycarb tubing, avoided cinnamon and wintergreen flavorings, and have had no issues with cracking at all.

BigBulli

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2011
How would you go about cutting this? I've read that some juices eat through the delrin as well, so just a head up.

I did attempt using the rigid tubing, a chemical flavor stayed in the liquid. I eventually cut myself some new polycarb tubing, avoided cinnamon and wintergreen flavorings, and have had no issues with cracking at all.

The mix I use has wintergreen, spearmint, menthol crystals, and koolada so my polycarbonate tubes always crack. To cut steel tubing I use a chop saw, you can get a cheep one at harbor freight. A copper tubing cutter will work you'll just have to debur it and put a lot of work in to cutting it. There is no metal taste or off taste with this it is high grade low carbon stainless steel. I also have Pyrex tubes they don't crack but get knocked off way to easily, there is very little friction to hold them in place.

I don't like delrin and have moved on check out my signature.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread