Status
Not open for further replies.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I was dissatisfied with the high-priced MAP tank in that the replacement of the cut CE2 XL is kinda difficult. I have a pipe cutter and cut my own CE2 XL, but getting the black ends of the MAP tank off is a PITA and getting the carto out of/into the holes is a trick in precision and force (not easy). I eventually just cut holes in the sides of the CE2 with a dremel to allow the juice access to the wick/atty from the tank. I found that juice gets darker and burnt-looking by the constant contact/ large capacity, also. My MAP tanks black ends are quite scarred from using pliers to remove them from the tube. I invested some time in Parallex2's $3 tank mod, and it's far easier to maintain. This is just my $.02 FWIW.

Sleddie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
Sheboygan, WI
I absolutely love mine, but it's not without its quirks. Removing the CE2 for the first time can be near impossible but after that its been pretty easy on subsequent removals for me. The delron caps come off pretty easy as well, getting them back on is the trick, the lexon tube will shave the rubber O ring if forced. I wouldn't recommend removing the caps unless absolutely necessary. Adjusting the stem (left over shaft from a cut CE2) is one of the only times I remove the top cap. Can't seem to find anything to insert from underneath to push it up. I use an ego battery to remove these parts and it can be damaged by doing so. I would never attempt this with my Silver Bullet or higher end PV.

As for the CE2, mine is on day 24 and it will not die. The wick has seen better days though, starting to fray. There are some vids on youtube demonstrating "dry burning" to clean the coil, which the CE2 will need after a few tank fulls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread