Maybe some of you fine folks can help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beer Man

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
Wonder Lake, Illinois USA
I've been sucking on a 510 for about two months. For certain reasons I decided to switch up and go with a VK. Got the whole kit plus. Here's my problem. It's too damn harsh! I take a drag off the passthrough and I'm gagging half to death. Pulling off one of the batteries is not much better. Now I'm used to vaping up to 48mg, so i don't think 36mg carts would be a problem. I'm totally loving the VK and all it's accessories, just can't seem to inhale it. my only other complaint thus far is the button. It can be hard to push sometimes and it's hard to know when it's activated with the passthrough.

Any thoughts as to what I may be doing wrong? One other thing, I only vape tobacco flavors.

Thanks for your help!
-Geoff

Belletrist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2009
Virginia
you might try the VG rather than the PG blends; i can't comment on the diff in vaping 'style' between the two models since i haven't used a 510. the other thing is, if you're getting more vapor, you might want to try a lower nic level anyways--it could still help. perhaps try ordering some lower nic juice to top off the carts you already have. more vapor would probably mean more nicotine per drag, even if the percentage of nic per ml is the same or lower, no?

for knowing when the batt is activated (via the pushbutton) i listen for the sizzle. :D

which batteries do you have? you might try one of the shorties instead.

do you think there's a possibility it's the flavoring/throat hit in the VK juices themselves? you could try refilling a cart with a juice you've used before?

that's all i can think of off the top of my head, i'm sure others will have some input too. :D

Apophis

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
Chulak
Beer Man, I was using a 510 with 24mg before switching to the VK. The flavor and TH with 24mg were both better with the VK IMHO. I still like the 510, just not the constant topping off. The VK solved that as the carts last a long time (several hours). Oh, getting side tracked. Anyway, with the VK, I found 24mg got me light headed after just a few hits (never happened with the 510) so I stepped it down to 18mg. Now I'm happy as can be. So, you might want to try lowering your nic level a bit. Hope this helps.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
This is a first! Too much throat hit! 48mg! Good grief man I would pass out opening the bottle! I used to vape just 901's, I did find my first few hits on a VK were a bit much for me..I have since become used to it..plus I can now vape 11mg to o nic with no problem.
Welcome to the family..have you tried the lager? It would seem to fit you just fine.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread