MBV Thug juice delivered unsteeped and still bad after 5 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busterbrisbane

Feb 20, 2018
Hi all I am new here.. I was buying the 30mls bottles and they were ok.. But since living Aus.. I got sick of the waiting time and cost etc.. So this time I bought a 230ml bottle..I get the bottle delivered no worries ... I look at it is clear as water.. As I had none left so I thinking i will try it and it was just crap. So off I go to MBV and email them saying what the hell is this and they say they have begun sending un steeped bottles and assured it was Thug juice.. and say to refer to how to's on their website. So anyway it is now 5 weeks of doing the bloody waiting game on the keeping it a dark place and agitating it every day or so and occasionally breathing .. Well I must be doing something wrong!!! as it basically the same and not much better.. It is still very much clear and what I think it is not oxidised who knows?? because when i got the 30 ml bottles they were already red. So has anyone had any experience with these bottles of thug juice and how long it takes to actually steep ?? Any advice would be great, as I am only a beginner with the steeping thing TIA

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Hello, and welcome to the forums.

First, I don't ever remember Thug juice being red. Instead, it was a slightly yellow color. MBV has always has made their juices unsteeped. Steeping time does darken it some, but if you're used to buying it over the counter, chances are, it's been on the storefront for several months to a year before being sold. If I remember correctly, MBV has a date on it, you might want to look at the bottles to see what the mfg date is on your old ones to give you an idea as to how long that bottle's been sitting around. Usually, when letting it breathe, I leave it off for an entire day. Since it's a larger bottle, just leave the cap off... if theres a nozzle, take that off as well You want as much air as possible to hit it.. Also, I'd try leaving it out in the light.. light seems to darken the juice more, and it may give it a flavor closer to what you're used to.

Some juices can be vaped instantly, some need a week, some take several months. so unfortunately, I cannot give you an estimate.

• Agree

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
i've ordered juice many times from MBV but never liked Thug (I dislike mint/menthol).

Part of a juice's maturation is oxidation and as much as you agitate it, 240ml is going to take a very long time.

In my "mass quantity" DIY days, I would use either a wood bore drill bit that would fit through the mouth of the Boston round bottle or a section of coat hanger wire with one end bent like a hockey stick. Attach to a drill motor and whip in as much air as possible. When the bubbles clear, do it again. It helps if you warm the juice up past room temperature.

It's no fun, but it works.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
If its terrible after 5 weeks, I doubt you will ever like it....I know steeping helps a bit, but I never bought a juice, ( and I literally bought hundreds in the 7 years of vaping) tried it totally fresh, hated it, but loved it after a good long steep. Yes I have tried a fresh juice and liked it, then loved it after a steep, but most of the time if it's absolutely terrible, it's not going to be magically awesome after a steep....maybe diy is different , but in store bought that's been my experience

Busterbrisbane

Feb 20, 2018
Hello, and welcome to the forums.

First, I don't ever remember Thug juice being red. Instead, it was a slightly yellow color. MBV has always has made their juices unsteeped. Steeping time does darken it some, but if you're used to buying it over the counter, chances are, it's been on the storefront for several months to a year before being sold. If I remember correctly, MBV has a date on it, you might want to look at the bottles to see what the mfg date is on your old ones to give you an idea as to how long that bottle's been sitting around. Usually, when letting it breathe, I leave it off for an entire day. Since it's a larger bottle, just leave the cap off... if theres a nozzle, take that off as well You want as much air as possible to hit it.. Also, I'd try leaving it out in the light.. light seems to darken the juice more, and it may give it a flavor closer to what you're used to.

Some juices can be vaped instantly, some need a week, some take several months. so unfortunately, I cannot give you an estimate.
Thank you for your reply It has always come as this colour thug-juice.jpg They say look at the digits of the bar code for the date of manufacture.. It has been 6 weeks .. Some threads say leave the cap on and some say leave the cap, leave in a dark space and keep out of light some say don't lol. It is like a lottery .. You would think if it comes up steeped, that they would give you clear instructions on that certain juice.

Busterbrisbane

Feb 20, 2018
i've ordered juice many times from MBV but never liked Thug (I dislike mint/menthol).

Part of a juice's maturation is oxidation and as much as you agitate it, 240ml is going to take a very long time.

In my "mass quantity" DIY days, I would use either a wood bore drill bit that would fit through the mouth of the Boston round bottle or a section of coat hanger wire with one end bent like a hockey stick. Attach to a drill motor and whip in as much air as possible. When the bubbles clear, do it again. It helps if you warm the juice up past room temperature.

It's no fun, but it works.
Thanks

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Thank you for your reply It has always come as this colour View attachment 723465 They say look at the digits of the bar code for the date of manufacture.. It has been 6 weeks .. Some threads say leave the cap on and some say leave the cap, leave in a dark space and keep out of light some say don't lol. It is like a lottery .. You would think if it comes up steeped, that they would give you clear instructions on that certain juice.

Well, there are so many varieties of flavorings, that it would be hard to give exact instructions. As a general rule, some flavors have a perfumy smell to it, that typically means it needs to be aired. Others tend not to be as pronounced, those need to be steeped. I would smell it to determine which of those two it needs. I know a lot of their fruit flavors need airing.. and probably more so with a larger bottle.

As far as the thug juice color... I have no idea. The picture you provided, shows the Mfg Date to be back in 2013. perhaps they changed the recipe a bit since then. But I'm just not %100 sure. I would try tasting it to see if it's even remotely similar to the flavor you remember. If not, it could be they sent you the wrong one. I would contact them with what you just told me. I know they'd like to try all other sources to see if they can work it out first, since shipping to Australia is probably very expensive.

• Useful

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Can I transfer the juice into smaller 30 ml bottles so it steeps quicker ?? Or will the mix be all out wack as it has not properly oxidised ?? Advice
Welcome and glad you joined.
Sorry to hear about the Mt. Baker juice being bad after all your efforts.
In my experience, steeping (changing containers) will not transform a bad juice no matter how soon it is vaped or steeped. My guess is you got a bad batch. I would just try to find another e-liquid provider if you can not obtain any redress from MBV.
RE: https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...ed-to-know-about-steeping-and-then-some.5010/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread