McCormick Extracts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombenhagel

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
Nowhere
Hi, Brad-c,

Being as though you are in Hawaii, is it possible there to get McCormick JACKFRUIT extract at the store? Do they carry that at your local grocery store or wherever you get your extracts?

They call it langka and D j a r u m is calling it nangka:
Products and Promotions - McCormick Philippines

This is highly sought after by me as it is all but unavailable in the central USA. Let me know what you know about it, please.

Bombenhagel

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
Nowhere
Jackfruit
Jack fruit - Welcome to ImmunoCAP InVitroSight

Geographical distribution
The genus Artocarpus contains A. altilis (Breadfruit) and A. heterophyllus (Jack fruit). The Jack fruit is a tropical fruit which belongs to the Moraceae family (Mulberry) and is cultivated at low elevations throughout Southeast Asia. It is grown to a limited extent in Queensland, Mauritius, the Pacific Islands, Brazil and Surinam. In Africa, it is often planted in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.

This huge relative of the Breadfruit can weigh up to 50 kg. It is spiny and oval or oblong-shaped.

Nangka Extract in bottle
McCormick

24 x 20 ml

Sampaca Foods Incorporated

Sampaca Foods Incorporated

Langka - (Jack Fruit) - Artocarpus Heterophyllus Lam. Parts used: fruit and leaves
Langka is a fruit tree found throughout the Philippines. It is abundant on Mt. Banahaw. The ripe fruit is said to be demulcent, nutritive, and laxative.

JHf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Sugars(including corn syrup) will carmelize when heated...this will semi-permanantly destroy your atty. You would have to do some serious cleaning to remove it.

I tried No Name brand Vanilla Extract and it was actually good, but as per keveck, I knew the DIY liquid would not be too good for my atty....so I cleaned it right away and haven't made another batch....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread