Status
Not open for further replies.

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL
Just thought I'd share a good find.

I got a 5mL and 10mL graduated glass measuring cylinder and a glass stirrer from this company on eBay. Really inexpensive, and they have larger sizes too.

(I find working with cylinders even more useful to me than pipette and syringe measuring to some extent.) Overseas shipment but it was fast shipping and was super well packed.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL
That looks as though it could work, but I just know in my hands they would be in a 100 pieces or more the 1st time I was to use it. Plastic is my choice as it bounces!!
I have larger plastic ones, but I've found it hard to find the small mLs in it. So far I haven't broken anything. :D

Budgie

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2018
Scotland
I have larger plastic ones, but I've found it hard to find the small mLs in it. So far I haven't broken anything. :D
Unfortunately for me and people around me and stuff I touch, I’m clumsy, and it’s only a matter of time before it gets knocked over and broken. I’m on my 3rd bubble glass on my Prince tanks!! :(

• Optimistic
Reactions: christylh8

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
I had a bit harder time finding the smaller ml plastic ones also (for decent pricing) but eventually did on eBay. I don’t have any glass for mixing though. Thanks for sharing:)

Reactions: christylh8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I'm looking to buy 100-250 erlenmeyer flasks. I'm not in a real need of them so paying 5+USD bucks each in ebay is a bit pricey. Beakers don't mix properly in my magnetic mixer and since I put a higher RPM(4000) fan and a heating silicone pad all my little jars some have too much of a convex on the bottom so the stirbar gets thrown real easy. Looking for flat bottom jars without being convexed at the bottom are very hard to find and a gamble ordering online. I just see using graduated cylinders as more dishes like using the syringes so thats another reason I haven't pulled the trigger in getting erlenmeyer flasks. I like to mix in the same jar that the juice steeps in then without a funnel, pour into the jug for consumption. Using one hand to steady the other its quite easy to fill 30 or 50ml jugs from a much larger jar.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
You're looking to buy that many...or some in 100mL-250mL size?

Looking at maybe buying a few of the different sizes. The jars I have are round, short and fat, tall and skinny and a odd piece I found at a garage sale a few years ago thats shaped like a half a erlenmeyer flask but short, thin glass flat bottom(no convex) and very wide top...I think its some sorta vase but have not yet found anything close in google. It holds a easy 200mls and is a bit big for what I want.
Like I presumed before I want to mix and store in the same container, not having to dirty then transfer creating something to clean. Some may not see it but after 5 years the novelty has worn off so keeping it simple with least work effort...thats where the scale comes into play.
I bought a bunch of ebay module electronics and rebuilt a magnetic mixer that is now heated, with the added thickness of a heating pad, a thin silicone mat and a higher RPM fan the problem of throwing the stirbar at 6 volts that with my old mixer they go up to 9v before throwing the bar so now the convex on the bottom of containers has become a issue. The 50ml beakers I have mix fine but too small and my odd vase thingy is too big. Round 100ml wire top jars from the dollar store work great(well use too) as dual purpose container.
Its what you want to do so if its graduated cylinders then let it be that. Ebay China will bend over backwards not to be given a bad review so if your willing to wait or pay the shipping they package their glass labware quite well.
You can get a cheap scale for the same price as a cylinder or flask that I assume one day the OP will figure out then like most of us have spent twice buying syringes, pipettes and measuring containers that just sit around now once the scale is now used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread