Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregorious

Verified Member
Feb 17, 2014
Minnesota
Hello Vaper Universe! This is my first thread, so bare with me. I have been vaping for about 10 months, now with a VV/VW and rda, and am ready to join the mechanized world. I have done a ....-ton of research and have just made myself more indecisive. Silver plated or solid copper pins, telescoping or separate tubes, bottom or side fire, magnets and so on. So I have decided to seek the wisdom of the the experienced. I am hoping to get something decent for under 60$ and don't want to wait for Fasstech or another China shipper so I'll either go to my favorite B&M or a USA shipper. I'm probably dreaming, but can I even sniff a U.S. made clone for around 60$?? Anyway, style is important to me, but function is paramount. I have already ordered 2 Samsung INR1865020R's and am itching to get the mod to go with them. Any advice, experience, preferences, or opinions will be greatly appreciated.

THANKS

Pattycakusu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2013
Las Vegas
In my opinion, k100's hit pretty hard once sanding down the contacts to reveal the brass. On ebay there's a variety of mechanical mod clones. A nemesis isn't bad, i like the Sentinel M16 clone too. The wait time isn't bad either if you purchase something from ebay. From what i've searched most well known clones are below 60 dollars shipped. Give a look if you have the time!

sawtoothscream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
United States
grab a hcigar nemesis clone or m16. both are hard hitting mod's. between the two I think the nemesis looks better, the brass m16 feels alot more solid, performance wise I cant tell the difference. both buttons are decent , nemesis is suppose to be awesome with the magnet upgrade. cant go wrong either way

the nemesis from 101 will cost around $33 shipped m16 cost less but they are sold out

inanitydefined

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
On a rock floating through space
grab a hcigar nemesis clone or m16. both are hard hitting mod's. between the two I think the nemesis looks better, the brass m16 feels alot more solid, performance wise I cant tell the difference. both buttons are decent , nemesis is suppose to be awesome with the magnet upgrade. cant go wrong either way

the nemesis from 101 will cost around $33 shipped m16 cost less but they are sold out

HAHA I have one and the other on the way. The hcigar nemesis is a great mod, hard hitting, great switch and if modded a bit, super easy to adjust. The hcigar chi you is a very solid mod too, though I found the switch too light and the battery slack adjusters to be difficult to get just right. I traded mine for my nemy.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I have the HCigar Nemesis, Chi You, and the Caravela clones.
    This is the best 'out of the box'
    Caravela Clone by Hcigar - Brass - 101 Vape
    Both the Chi & the Nemmy need the same "fixes" as the origionals.
    The brass Chi You is a close second, and has the least drop under load.
    The nemmy is my least favorite of the three

Last edited:

emus

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 9, 2009
    I have 4 nemesis clones. 3 FT and one 101vape. The 101vape is the best because the switch has tighter tolerances. I had to polish switch post on all 3 SS but FT brass was good to go. Nemesis magnets are cheap at deal extreme.

I would avoid mods that don't have a readily available cheap magnet upgrade until you're in mod hoarder mode.

sawtoothscream

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 26, 2013
    United States
    I have the Nemesis, Chi You, and the Caravela clones.

was going to get a chiyou clone but kept reading that it a poor performer at sub ohm builds. I tried a real one a week or two ago that was uses a .3ohm atty and thought it hit great, right there with the nem and m16 clones. alot nicer looking though

emus

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 9, 2009
    I have the HCigar Nemesis, Chi You, and the Caravela clones.
    The nemmy is my least favorite of the three

My ehpro caravela works great out of the box; best out of the box mod I have. I have a couple FT velas on the way. My vela concern is where to buy cheap magnets. If I magnetized all my mods w/ fat daddy mags I'd spend more than a new stingray clone.

sawtoothscream

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 26, 2013
    United States
    My ehpro caravela works great out of the box; best out of the box mod I have. I have a couple FT velas on the way. My vela concern is where to buy cheap magnets. If I magnetized all my mods w/ fat daddy mags I'd spend more than a new stingray clone.

any issues flush mounting attys on the vela? love the looks of it

sawtoothscream

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 26, 2013
    United States
    Awesome info so far! Any body have advice on whether to go with a reverse threaded locking ring? And I would like to try sub-ohming in the very near future.

reverse threads are great, many clones dont have them though. think the k100 does though. as for sub ohm, look up micro coils. I find a single 6 wrap of 28ga on a 5/64 drill bit to be awesome. big clouds and good flavor. doesnt drain your batteries fast or over heat your mod. easy to build and last a long time. just make sure to stay within your batteries limits and check the resistance of your build and check for shorts. no protection so if you mess up the battery can vent

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread