Status
Not open for further replies.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Many peeps like reverse threads but I prefer standard threading. Very minor detail in my book so it has no impact on my buying decision.

The #1 problem in my book is poor switch tolerances. My ehpro vela and 101vape nemmy have the tightest switches but they could stand to be a little tighter. You can polish away switch crunch but no easy way to fix loosey goosey switch button.

Gregorious

Verified Member
Feb 17, 2014
Minnesota
reverse threads are great, many clones dont have them though. think the k100 does though. as for sub ohm, look up micro coils. I find a single 6 wrap of 28ga on a 5/64 drill bit to be awesome. big clouds and good flavor. doesnt drain your batteries fast or over heat your mod. easy to build and last a long time. just make sure to stay within your batteries limits and check the resistance of your build and check for shorts. no protection so if you mess up the battery can vent

I got nothing but respect for Mr. Ohm and his law;)

ericbnc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Piedmont Triad, NC
Many peeps like reverse threads but I prefer standard threading. Very minor detail in my book so it has no impact on my buying decision.

The #1 problem in my book is poor switch tolerances. My ehpro vela and 101vape nemmy have the tightest switches but they could stand to be a little tighter. You can polish away switch crunch but no easy way to fix loosey goosey switch button.

This is the main problem for me too. If the shaft attached to the button has play the button wobbles when firing. The shaft needs support at the bottom (most mods are OK here) and at the top (few have this). I added a washer to my Origin clone button to give the button shaft upper and lower support and button slop is a thing of the past:

button.jpg

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
My FT brass tube vela and 22 mm SS vela arrived. I can confirm that the switch is very bad design in my book. Extra Crunchy and very loose. I see no feasible way for magnet upgrade. I do not recommend for your main mod. OK for a mod collector. It does look sweet. I will sand the switch post to remove crunch. Can't fix loosey goosey; but can ignore. No magnet design is a no no IMO. None of my spare springs fit.

Gregorious

Verified Member
Feb 17, 2014
Minnesota
Again, I can't say how much I appreciate everyone's input. All this conversation inspired me and I pulled the trigger this morning on an Hcigar Nemy with fattdaddy magnets, a patriot clone and a 10mL juice for 42$! I settled on the SS Nemy because of the mostly positive comments, and I think it's a sleek looking piece. I am chomping at the bit, and hope to be mechanized by Monday!!!

MUCHAS GRACIAS TO ALL THAT POSTED!!!

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Again, I can't say how much I appreciate everyone's input. All this conversation inspired me and I pulled the trigger this morning on an Hcigar Nemy with fattdaddy magnets, a patriot clone and a 10mL juice for 42$! I settled on the SS Nemy because of the mostly positive comments, and I think it's a sleek looking piece. I am chomping at the bit, and hope to be mechanized by Monday!!!

MUCHAS GRACIAS TO ALL THAT POSTED!!!

The hcigar SS nemmy is hard to beat. I chucked M5 bolt into drill. Attached switch button. Cut 1/4" strips of 800 grit sand paper and spun sanded machining marks off post. Then drill spun polished w/ 1/4" strips of 2000 grit paper. It is one sweet mod.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
This is the main problem for me too. If the shaft attached to the button has play the button wobbles when firing. The shaft needs support at the bottom (most mods are OK here) and at the top (few have this). I added a washer to my Origin clone button to give the button shaft upper and lower support and button slop is a thing of the past:

View attachment 314517

You are so lucky to find a washer that fit. Maybe someone can make bushings to tighten up mod switches. Then again, I think most people just ignore so may be a hard sell.

sawtoothscream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
United States
I have tried many of different clones out there on my rda. I've tried my rda on a k100, caravela, nemesis, m16, chi you, turtleship, and even more and it seems like the brass m16 hits the hardest out of them all with my fully charged sony vtc4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brass m16 is awesome :) whenever I get the itch to buy a new one I take a hit on mine and it changes my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread