Mech mod and rda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bdubd

Nov 27, 2017
Cincinnati
I have a box mod limited to 80w and trole rda. Clopton coil at .2ohms and it's got good flav and cloud. I just got a mech mod with the hope I would achieve a bigger experience all around. I put my rda on and kept same build and it was not what I was hoping at all. Could it b my battery,deck,build or is all mech kids can do?

Attachments

• 15117812663231848068502.jpg
    15117812663231848068502.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 28

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
How long have you been vaping? Mech mods really do require the right build to shine. I would suggest reading up in the mech mod forum for guidance as well, though I am sure others will be along with more advice.

It is generally recommended to wait to use a mech until you've been vaping a while, but perhaps you have, in either case, tons of good resources there.

Best of luck,

Anna

Bdubd

Nov 27, 2017
Cincinnati
How long have you been vaping? Mech mods really do require the right build to shine. I would suggest reading up in the mech mod forum for guidance as well, though I am sure others will be along with more advice.

It is generally recommended to wait to use a mech until you've been vaping a while, but perhaps you have, in either case, tons of good resources there.

Best of luck,

Anna
Thanks Anna

Reactions: stols001

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I've got the Smok G-Priv and the Voopoo Drag, both use 2 18650's. Three Smok Big baby beast tanks with 2 dual SS Clapton coils with RBA decks. The tanks all act the same on both vaporizers. You really didn't provide enough info on the mods but 80 w indicates 1 battery and that is protected since it limits to 80 w I'd think. The danger is in the mech mod since they don't put in the protective circuits.

Reactions: stols001

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Thanks I'm looking for advice on my mech mod. It's a drug deck with a .25 kenthal Clapton wrap and it's not getting very hot. My batterie is full charg. Am I doing something wrong

.25Ω kanthal Clapton is a lot of metal to heat with a single cell mechanical & will draw 16ish amps from your battery, hopefully you're using one that can handle that amp load.
4.2v / .25Ω = 70w - 16.8a
4v / .25Ω = 64w - 16a
3.7v / .25Ω = 54w - 14.8a

Best to stick with simple single coil when using a mech until you understand what you're doing & why.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
is the picture you posted the coil set in question?? if it is, then the answer is... way too many coils for a single battery on a mech.

mechs work best with a single coil... sometimes you can use a dual coil set up but you have to use thinner wire to make up for the mass of the wire... the thicker the wire, the more energy it requires to heat it up.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Slow down. Put the mech away until you are more informed and knowledgeable. There is a vast difference between using a regulated mod with a chip and using a mechanical mod. Using a mech requires specific knowledge and some expertise.

A Beginner's Guide to Your First Mechanical Mod
  • Covers the differences between a mechanical vs. regulated mod, essential safety accessories, optional safety accessories to add layers of safety to your mech, routine maintanance, use of proper batteries, proper ventilation, low resistance vaping, and faux hybrid mods.
Battery Basics for Mods: The Definative Battery Guide for Vaping
  • A popular and essential read to understand which batteries are safe to use in mechanical and regulated mods. Includes a frequently updated list of recommended safe-chemistry, high-drain batteries with their specifications.
Ohm's Law Explained for Vapers
  • My attempt at explaining Ohm's Law in simple layman terms and how it relates to vaping.
Explain it to the Dumb Noob: Ohm's Law Calculations
  • As simple as it is to use, some people have a tough time grasping the concept. Warning: Includes graphic photos of mod explosions.
Information Resources for Your First RBA
  • An essential read and referrance guide for someone new to rebuilding coils. Includes a multitude of useful links on battery safety, mod safety, coil meters, coil building, and the differences in the three types of RBA's.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
No the picture is a build that I couldn't get to fire on my regulated 80 w I've not tried any build on my mechanical besides the .25 Clapton build and am trying to gain info and confidence before I try again.
Is it not firing at all on your regulated? If it's not, it's could be too low of a resistance for that particular mod....as for the mech, like others have stated, start with a single coil in the .3 to .6 range first. Maybe a 2.5 to 3.0 mm coil and 24 to 26g regular wire. A single 18650 just doesn't like a lot of coil mass, so try and keep coils to thinner gauge . Parallel coils work well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
The reason for the Post is to gain knowledge. I've been building on a regulated device for 1 1/2 yearsjust new to mech

I don't know the specifics regarding coil diameter, wire gauge or wire type. But that octo-coil build will almost certainly need 200+ Watts just to get warm.

Heed the advice regarding a single or maybe a dual coil build on a single cell device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread