Mech mods and dripping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr8Scott

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2012
Ifaitoldzya, Umytszlapmi
Being dual coils it would really be .3 ohms correct?

Yes, but like I have added above, give yourself a good margin for variance. In your clarification of a dual coil rig, that changes things.

Once in a while you will get a variance of .1 or .2Ω. Nobody seems to know why, addition of liquid, heat changing physical characteristics of the wire.....but it happens.

Two independent coils doubles the possibility of that happening, which is more reason for extra safety.

The MNKEs are rated at .25 according to the chart. Why not go for a net of .5 or .55Ω, so you are building 1Ω coils each side.

You'll get ample vapor and the face you know so well won't get modified unexpectedly :D

Irishcream1

Mar 5, 2013
Stl
So i rebuilt the coil to 1.07, it's not bad and i think im going to drill out the air holes for more vapor. I put the 1.07 coil on my provari and it fires. Thats odd as it only fires .8 ohms or higher. With it being dual coil it should not as it's really around .52. Not complaining as i like that i can use it on the provari if i like just kinda curious as to how it is firing if dual coils is supposed to be half the resistance the ohm reader is reading right?

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
No not dividing twice, my multimeter is reading 1.07 and my provari is reading 1.1. Just thought they would read .5 or so.

If you're seeing 1.1 ohms from the assembled atty on the meter with two coils in it, each coil is actually 2.2 ohms. Unless you have a loose coil connection which is giving you an increased resistance reading.

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
If you're seeing 1.1 ohms from the assembled atty on the meter with two coils in it, each coil is actually 2.2 ohms. Unless you have a loose coil connection which is giving you an increased resistance reading.

Exactly this ^^^^. You are reading the total resistance of the of the RBA on your device. If you have 2 working coils they are each twice the ohm value you are reading if used individually... assuming they are built the same. Dual coils fire very slowly on the Provari though. A single coil works much better for my Provari, and duals are great for my mech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread