Mech mods from Greece, customs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
I got a note from Atmizone that my Roller shipped and advising me on customs procedures and how to deal with them and DHL. I'd not even thought about that, but I guess I'm going to have to deal with that. Atmizone tells me:

Please know, that you might be asked to give authority to DHL to complete the clearance procedure for you. Thus, they will charge you with brokerage (clearance) fees, apart from the customs tax (fees). Insist in advance, that they inform you about the costs of the brokerage fees and the customs fees separately. It is also your right to complete the clearance yourself or use another brokerage representative (other than DHL). Although we wouldn’t recommend that, it is good to know this so that you can negotiate the brokerage costs.

Okay, so this complicates things, and I'll have to deal with this when I buy my Poldiac too. Anyone else been through this? How messy is it? I take it I have to be home when they come with my Roller so I can deal with this, but I work 18-20 hour shifts every other day, and there's a good chance I'll be at work or asleep when it gets here. I'd not expected this little wrinkle. How much are they going to hit me up for in brokerage and customs costs?

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Ive only had this happen to me the first time I ordered from GUS MOds. After that one time Ive never had a bill sent. I did not notice or realize that they MAY if they wanted to, charge me for the privilege of having customs do their job.

I got a bill about a week or two from DHL asking me to pay the extra cost of whatever. Ive ordered from all over Europe, some via DHL, some come in as a combo of DHL then USPS.

I think its one of those things that someone , somewhere here or there has the power to charge or not depending on their mood that day.

At least the company you ordered from gave you a heads up that it may happen.

Reactions: roxynoodle

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
I've received DHL packages from Vapourart in Bulgaria and MCR Mods in the UK and I've never had to deal with anything like what you describe. I don't know if it's because these companies have contracts with DHL and they handle these issues when you pay them for DHL shipping or if it's due to other circumstances. I've received FedEx packages and UPS packages from other non-US modders and similarly have never had to do anything other than wait a few days for my packages to arrive with no additional costs. I forget what courier I used for my Poldiac from MMVapors, FedEx I think, and there were no hassles or actions that needed to be taken by me.

Reactions: anavidfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread