Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I did a little reasearch (put on some reading glasses and looked closer at it) on the mech that i recently acquired. Geekvape Tsunami. Good to know its a solid brand. Before i got this, i had no real intention of fooling with mechs. Quite satisfied with my regulated mods and never felt like i was missing anything. Now that i have this mech, i was right. Nothing wrong with this tsunami but nothing special either. Unless you wanna count the total hobby aspect of it. And technically any rebuildable is dipping into the hobby side of vaping. But its all good.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Some folks love mechs and some don’t, like myself, but I’ve thought about getting one just as a bulletproof backup. Just in case the sun, humans, or aliens decide to unleash hell on earth and an electromagnetic pulse that fries all the electronics on the planet. Then I come back to reality and realize if that did happen I’d just start smoking again, because in my old age and current level of fitness I would be one of the first to die in the ensuing chaos.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Some folks love mechs and some don’t, like myself, but I’ve thought about getting one just as a bulletproof backup. Just in case the sun, humans, or aliens decide to unleash hell on earth and an electromagnetic pulse that fries all the electronics on the planet. Then I come back to reality and realize if that did happen I’d just start smoking again, because in my old age and current level of fitness I would be one of the first to die in the ensuing chaos.
I don't worry much about a massive EMP 'cause I figure if that happened, I wouldn't have power to charge batteries anyway.

I switched to using mechs because they will last a lifetime. No electronics to fail suddenly, no screens to fade into oblivion slowly.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
I don't worry much about a massive EMP 'cause I figure if that happened, I wouldn't have power to charge batteries anyway.

I switched to using mechs because they will last a lifetime. No electronics to fail suddenly, no screens to fade into oblivion slowly.

There's always solar, wind…of which we have plenty.

…Then I come back to reality and realize if that did happen I’d just start smoking again, because in my old age and current level of fitness I would be one of the first to die in the ensuing chaos.

It'd be our rotten luck, not.

Good luck. :)

• Agree
Reactions: madstabber

pjmarkert

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Lake View, NY
EMP happens good chance your electronics will fail in short mode and burn up or explode if battery is connected. 18650 batteries are encased in metal and will unlikely be affected in a mech mod. If we were hit with an EMP, mods would be the least of my worries.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I only run mechs mostly because of their unparalleled reliability. I also cannot find a regulated squonk mod that offers the features i want in a package I like and find comfortable to use. The ones that do variable voltage mode are too far and few between with only 2 or 3 to pick from. Most regulated squonks are too big and feel huge in the hand compared to what I currently use and thoroughly enjoy, or have a squonk bottle system that I have no interest in.

The one regulated squonk mod I still own, a DNA 75C, has been demoted to ohm reader duty. My wife has a couple of regulated squonk mods that I tried and disliked, so I gave them to her. Until I find a compact regulated squonker with a VV mode, I will happily stick to only mechs.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I did a little reasearch (put on some reading glasses and looked closer at it) on the mech that i recently acquired. Geekvape Tsunami. Good to know its a solid brand. Before i got this, i had no real intention of fooling with mechs. Quite satisfied with my regulated mods and never felt like i was missing anything. Now that i have this mech, i was right. Nothing wrong with this tsunami but nothing special either. Unless you wanna count the total hobby aspect of it. And technically any rebuildable is dipping into the hobby side of vaping. But its all good.

It is all good :)

I used to vape mechs only, but then regulated mods got really good and that is what I use now 98% of the time. I still appreciate the mech vape experience so I keep a couple of mech setups alive.

IMO, as long as you keep the mech setups safe, you are golden. Vape on @Coyote628 :cool:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Mech Mod !. Originated from modifying a flash light. Surprising that no one has made a flash light shaped like a mod where the head comes off and an atomiser screws on.
flashlight001_xar3.jpg

pjmarkert

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Lake View, NY
I bought a SKOK G-PRIV with touch screen and really like it. Using a Baby Beast head with RBA coil using Stainless 316L spaced dual coils temperature controlled. Really see a difference in taste using staimless. Though this mod runs up to 220W, I run at low power 1.25 ohm coil 15W/235 degrees because I prefer stealth over clouds. I am able to use low power using 24mg nic home blended juice. At low power batteries and juice lasts a lot longer.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread