Status
Not open for further replies.

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
just used stuff that I had laying around...
NCo7sEz.jpg

I didn't use a 510, just fastened the rda with the ring that comes with some 510 connectors
1563302-1.jpg

some solid copper wire, nemesis magnets and those battery cases you get when you order bats
performs great! I don't think you need to see the internals ;)

once I fine tune the switch and reduce the throw I'll add a wood vinyl wrap to it

once my "varitube" 510 come I'll try a bottomfeeder with the same enclosure

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
I like it! (But I like the one in your avatar, too!).

What is that switch made from? (Looks like it's homemade, at any rate!) I can see the magnets, but can't quite figure out how it's put together.

My simple homemade mech:

Peeled some of the shrink-wrap off the bottom of an 18650 battery.
Took a 510 adapter and clamped it to the bottom of the battery with a hose clamp (makes the negative connection to the outside of the 510 adapter). This particular adapter was cylindrical on the outside, so it sat flush (perhaps an 801->510 adapter? This was a while ago)

On the other end, soldered a switch directly onto the positive battery terminal, and then a wire from the switch to the center of the 510 adapter. 5 pieces altogether (including the wire and battery).

Worked great until I discovered it was firing in my pocket at my daughter's graduation!

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
I can't remember the name of these pieces but here is the switch disassembled (got it at a hardware store),
470loa8.jpg

you need to cut the teeth, and place the magnets (I added an oring to reduce the throw a bit but I'll take a few mm of the female adapter to shorten it better and get rid of the oring
7ZhiFyv.jpg

the copper rod is coiled around a big neodymium magnet so the magnet and the rod are both making secure contact with the negative terminal of the bat.

so no cables no solder

Reactions: thetrucker

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
All I can say is. . . "congrats" to you and maybe "wow". I prefer all my fingers (and toes)
girl_haha.gif
but I think it is amazing what you have done. Have fun and be extra careful. I wanna see what you do next.
it actually is a pretty safe device, not much can go wrong there!

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I can't remember the name of these pieces but here is the switch disassembled (got it at a hardware store),
470loa8.jpg

you need to cut the teeth, and place the magnets (I added an oring to reduce the throw a bit but I'll take a few mm of the female adapter to shorten it better and get rid of the oring
7ZhiFyv.jpg

the copper rod is coiled around a big neodymium magnet so the magnet and the rod are both making secure contact with the negative terminal of the bat.

so no cables no solder
That's a pronged t-nut and a hex bolt. T-nuts are also available as Brad t-nut and have small Brad holes instead of prongs for attaching.

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
Hi Vapero,

I like this mod you made because you used stuff you had on hand and not

a bunch of stuff from fastech that you have to order----I am not into the mosfet

transistors---capacitors---tiny circuit boards and other complicated stuff.

I just like building from stuff laying around like you did----a nut- bolt-piece of wire

Good job keeping it simple.

thetrucker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread