Mechanical switches are finally fixed (a must read!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Hey T-Hef ... Its up to you :) The band is there for 1 purpose really. If you pull the button apart, press just one side of the contact disk ... The band gives it a bit of *cushion* so the components don't need to be precision aligned :) We opened up tolerances on the button housing a bit as well. Its up to the user whether or not you want to use it or not though :)

metal meltdown

Moved On
Jan 19, 2010
okinawa
Was going to make a new thread but this seems relevant enough. I too am not able to reach max vape with the V2. Switch problem, I think. I really have to crank on it to get it going (that's when it works). Even then, the vapor is minimal.

Took apart the switch, there's no stray plastic pieces. The contact ring inside the switch has one small section where the coating is scratched off,

The atomizer should be all set with the center post pulled down. batteries are powering it fine, because I tested it with my tongue; zapped it pretty good, because now it looks like a strip of Pemmican.

Not sure what the deal is, I'd appreciate any help.

metal meltdown

Moved On
Jan 19, 2010
okinawa
Hey Metal:

Try a few of the fixes listed there and let me know.

Tried all of them except turning the contact posts. I'll try that when I get home, hopefully that'll do it.

Also, I don't know if this would be part of the problem, but doing the tongue test does not give me an "ever so slight tingle;" it gave me a full-on shock. I mean, you can herd cattle with this thing.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
I've tried every fix and tweak on my Protege mechanical switch and give up. It simply does not work reliably enough (or at all). I have a ticket open w/ Casey, but this has been a huge disappointment.

Hey Micci,

I do apologize for that bud. There is a learning curve to these things, and I would be more than happy to take a look at yours to get it in tip top shape! Casey should take care of you!

Just ran through all of the trouble shooting steps but now it's not working at all. Any other suggestions?

Hey Metal, shoot Casey an email at info@puresmoker.com and we'll be happy to take a look at it for you bud.

Another word of advice ... or footnote. If you anyone tries to adjust the brass in their device (tapping the center post down, etc...) this can also aid in misaligning the switch rendering it useless. If anyone has done this, we are more than happy to repair for you, just let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread