Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
I've been considering sending one or two to these guys.
Hydro-grafX - Home

*gasp* Urbana, Ill.? The home of the infamous HAL from 2001 a space odyssey? Nooooooooooooo!

Me: Open the squonk door, HAL.

HAL: I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

*runs out of the room screaming*

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
*gasp* Urbana, Ill.? The home of the infamous HAL from 2001 a space odyssey? Nooooooooooooo!

Me: Open the squonk door, HAL.

HAL: I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.

*runs out of the room screaming*
Thing is....there really IS (or WAS.....) a HAL Corp. in Urbana,IL --- they specialize(d) in custom electronic devices....i got a RTTY (radio teletype) demodulator kit and a fully assembled one many years ago.....they've both long-since gone the way of the dodo bird, what with packet radio/PCs, etc..
Nothing quite like the smell of warm machine oil from an ASR15 TTY!! (Think Associated Press/UPI in the '50s.....;))
And that lovely indigo ink on those ribbons.....!!!:facepalm:
Happy (vaping) Trails!

Vapolith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The chemical involved made me shy away from the project . I quit smoking to save my lungs there is some nasty ingredients in the process

Do you mean inhaling the chemical during the process troubles you, or the chemical in the finished product?

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
I found one here in Texas, too. Houston Hydro Dip - Water Transfer Printing

That really looks so cool. I can understand Rob's hesitancy to do this. I'm sure the chemicals being used aren't too good for you, although safe after cure. I'm going to be brain dead from my work anyway. I am around lacquer thinner, catalyzed conversion varnish, clear and colored, and all sorts of nifty, nasty stuff 8 hours + per day. It would be worth it to find a place to do it for you rather than attempt it yourself.

mvroman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
Texas
I found one here in Texas, too. Houston Hydro Dip - Water Transfer Printing

That really looks so cool. I can understand Rob's hesitancy to do this. I'm sure the chemicals being used aren't too good for you, although safe after cure. I'm going to be brain dead from my work anyway. I am around lacquer thinner, catalyzed conversion varnish, clear and colored, and all sorts of nifty, nasty stuff 8 hours + per day. It would be worth it to find a place to do it for you rather than attempt it yourself.

There are quite a few shops here in Texas that do hydrodipping. Think FIREARMS. I looked Into it for a few of my guns and I want to do my REO but I'll wait until I get a backup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

RattlerX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
West Texas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread