Melo 2 coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unkindstatistic

Nov 16, 2014
Fargo ND
Hello all!
I recently purchased a melo 2 because of the coil compatibility and the flavor. I'm trying to find a comprehensive list of coils that fit, but it seems every post that I can find is from August 2015 or before. Does anyone know all the coils that fit in the melo 2? If not what coils do you rock in yours? So far I know that Atlantis/triton coils fit and so do the new ccell's (local shop is getting em in next week I can't wait!).

djrichiep

Mar 6, 2016
I bought a Melo 2 tank and tried moving a Morpheus coil I was using in my Triton tank to the M2. It simply would not fire, like it wasn't making contact. I chalked it up to the Morpheus coil not having the little metal button on the very bottom of the coil? But, you guys are able to use Triton coils? Seems the Morpheus coil should have worked since it was working in the Triton?
I'd like to use some different coils as I find these eLeaf Melo 2 coils to not last but about a week, before the flavor starts getting dull. Recommendations very welcome, thanks.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
I have the TC60W with the Melo 2, and both my wife and daughter, after trying it out, went and got their own, we absolutely love it!

The triton and similar will (should) fit, but the ones I've been using are the Vaporesso ceramic Nickel. They worked great for the most part, most lasting a good week for me, but my wife had issues, possibly due to her liquids being heavier and she ended up going through 3 of them within 2 weeks.

But that said, I started to rebuild them as they are very easy to rebuild as they are very simple to take apart. Between the Eleaf original coils and the Vaporesso, I find the Vaporesso much better in design.

Get something to roll the coils up at a 3+mm (or what I used was a nail that measured at 3.36mm), some decent organic Japanese cotton pads, and I've been using 28 gauge N200 (16 turns) and getting great results. The hard part is rolling the cotton thigh enough to push the coil in properly, then just put everything back together, test the coil (I simply use my TC60W mod) to check the Ohm, which gets me very close to being a perfect 0.2 Ohm almost every time.

I tested 30 gauge that for 14 turns gives me 0.3 Ohm.

I just got myself a coil jig (since I found the 30 gauge very hard to roll) so I'll be trying that at the 3.5mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread