Status
Not open for further replies.

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
Just curios about what the different member status levels. What levels are there? How do you attain them? Thank you in advance.

I've never seen a graph spelling out the status thing. It's one of those things at ECF that remains part of the great unknown. Ask mod A get one answer, ask mod B get another answer, etc, etc. A sticky somewhere would curtail the same questions that come up post after post in the new members section, ie... "When can I post links?", "When can I start a new thread?", etc. ECF has yet to figure this out, however.

Veteran status criteria was recently changed as per SJ. Yet, the old 'guidelines' were grandfathered in. *shrug*

The good news is -- it's all meaningless. =)

I *did* mention that I love the name you picked, right?

Anyone? Anyone? <g>

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
Precisely, the point Beckah --

It seems to be a guess because it isn't listed anywhere -- that I've ever seen, anyway. And, I agree with the numbers you posted but they are also tied to post count -- for some silly reason that has yet to be explained.

I don't see how a listed/sticky-ed matrix is an unreasonable request. It might even spur some (me, for example) to become a supporting member. For, I'm not one that can support something/anything clad clandestinely. It's not unlike making a purchase with our suppliers -- read, research and pull the trigger. Just my humble opinion, natch.

beckah54

Dog Lover!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
Ohio
Right, Ritchie, I forgot supporting member.

I think the importance placed on post count came from attaining ECF Veteran status previously---6 months and over 1000 posts or one year member regardless of post count. Since SJ did away with the 6 month/1000 post option, the post count really doesn't matter. When you become a full member, you get the options of adding signature, etc, but you do not get any other perks added because of your post count after that, at least none that I'm aware of.

You do get perks when you become a supporting member though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread