Menthol on the lungs

Status
Not open for further replies.

usamare

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Wadsworth
I remember that rumor. It was said that menthol cigs caused your lungs to bleed. Probably someone heard that menthol is crystals, and they assumed it must therefore cut your lungs? Backyard science used to come to some pretty outlandish conclusions.

Update: well I followed the links, and it's even MORE mysterious now. I had no idea there were so many theories...

Last edited:

UptownRiot

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
k now your just having fun at my expense :D
so i had to do some looking around to see if anyone esle was as ignorant as me.
Do menthol cigarettes " crystallize" your lungs ? - Yahoo! Answers

does menthol from cigarettes crystalize in your lungs? | Ask Metafilter

See i knew i wasn't the only gullible person

I never assumed you were the only person to have heard the rumor, someone of course had to tell it to you, but as you found out it is not true. So you're in the clear!

maryjo

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Columbia, LA

maryjo

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Columbia, LA
I remember as a child our parents believed that if you mixed fish and any type of dairy product (milk, ice cream, etc.) that you would die (or at least get really sick) from food poisoning. I know better now, but I still don't drink milk with my fish. Funny how those things stick in your mind.

One day when I was feeling really froggy I ate ice cream a couple of hours after fried catfish.

DaBrat

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
Back end of GA
www.myspace.com
Ok so i am sure everyone has heard Menthol cigarettes like KOOL's and NEWPORTS crystalize your lungs. i'm guessing it's most likley true. Does anyone have any insight if Menthol vaped has the same effect?

Never heard of it. The concern about menthol was the cooling effect that allowed users to smoke more than someone smoking say regulars adding to the addiction.

MissMawee

Sep 1, 2009
Rhode Island
I heard that smoking menthol cigarettes would cut your throat and lungs b/c cigarettes had fiberglass in them...i thought that was true..lol

That's what I always heard! Specifically about Newports. That the fiberglass would cut your throat to allow more nicotine to be absorbed, and that's why Newport smokers could only get their "fix" from Newports. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread