Mesh Coil Tank for Vaporspresso Swag? Best 23MM Tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2010
Phoenix
Never tried one of the mesh coil tanks, but they seem to be all the rave now. I’ve been using the Cleito tank for a long time and have just looked into new systems. Just bought the Swag kit from Vaporspresso to replace my Pico.
Are the mesh coils the way to go now? They seem to get the best reviews these days. Can anyone recommend a good 23MM tank with mesh coils? Or is there a better 23MM tank system that will fit on my Swag?

Hoping for some solid recommendations. I’d like to try a new tank but needs to be 23MM or less. Hopefully something that beats the Cleito

Reactions: stols001

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
The swag might run a mesh coil. Not too sure about the others
The Swag has a max power rating of 80W. Vaporesso shows it with GT4 which is 0.15ohm at 30 to 70W, the GT Mesh is a 0.18ohm at 50 to 80W. I find the mesh to produce great flavor below the 50W bottom end of the recommend range. My guess is it will run it. Hopefully someone with the Swag will chime in.

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The Swag has a max power rating of 80W. Vaporesso shows it with GT4 which is 0.15ohm at 30 to 70W, the GT Mesh is a 0.15ohm at 50 to 80W. I find the mesh to produce great flavor below the 50W bottom end of the recommend range. My guess is it will run it. Hopefully someone with the Swag will chime in.
Gah! I thought the swag was a two battery mod. If it’s only a one battery mod you may have to give up your interest in mesh or buy a two battery device. I’ve heard 90w is not that unusual.

Update: looked up the swag. I had it confused with the voopoo drag. Darn rhyming words...

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
I just tried an experiment. Using the Vaporesso mesh coil, 0.18 ohm, in a Vaporesso NRG tank on the Vaporesso Revenger X mod, I was able to fire the coil get good flavor and decent cloud/dense vapor at 37.5W, throat hit was all but non existent but all else was acceptable. At 37.5W it was MTL.

My only question at this point is will 23mm tank fit the swag with the battery cap sticking up. It would need an additional 0.5mm diametrical clearance compared to a 22mm tank to fit with out rubbing the

Last edited:

CJB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2010
Phoenix
I just tried an experiment. Using the Vaporesso mesh coil, 0.15 ohm, in a Vaporesso NRG tank on the Vaporesso Revenger X mod, I was able to fire the coil get good flavor and decent cloud/dense vapor at 37.5W, throat hit was all but non existent but all else was acceptable. At 37.5W it was MTL.

My only question at this point is will 23mm tank fit the swag with the battery cap sticking up. It would need an additional 0.5mm diametrical clearance compared to a 22mm tank to fit with out rubbing the

Well, it comes with the NRG SE tank which is 22mm. So will the mesh coils fit that tank? If so I’ll try that. I saw some reviews that say it’ll fit a 23MM tank, so you’d just have to be careful that it doesn’t have expanded glass unless the expanded glass piece does so above the battery cap

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Is that the NRG SE? Are there mesh coils for that tank?
I dont have the NRG SE I have the larger NRG 24.5. All 3 NRG tanks use the GT Coils. According to a couple sites that sell the GT Coils, specifically the GT Mesh it fits all 3 NRG tanks which includes the SE.

The SE and the Mini are both 22mm diameter the SE appears to be 48.5mm tall and the Mini is 47mm tall both hold 3.5ml. Since you said you like smaller the Mini might fit better.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
@CJB – I own the Swag kit with the NRG 22mm SE tank and use the Vaporesso 0.18 ohm GT-Core mesh coil at about 50 watts with no problems at all. You will be fine using this coil. Never seen that claim that the Swag could accept a 23mm tank. Measuring it you may fit a 23mm tank if it is exactly 23mm with no protruding parts. Personally I think it’s gamble unless you can test fit it before you buy.

CJB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2010
Phoenix
@CJB – I own the Swag kit with the NRG 22mm SE tank and use the Vaporesso 0.18 ohm GT-Core mesh coil at about 50 watts with no problems at all. You will be fine using this coil. Never seen that claim that the Swag could accept a 23mm tank. Measuring it you may fit a 23mm tank if it is exactly 23mm with no protruding parts. Personally I think it’s gamble unless you can test fit it before you buy.

Thank you!

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
The Cascade Baby works well with mesh coils, so I would imagine the Cascade Mini would as well. It's basically just the 22mm version of it.

I got my Cascade Baby in the Vaporesso Armour Pro kit for under $40 shipped.
Only used it until the mesh coil it came with was used up, but it was very nice. I would still use it if had an RBA.
Plus, the Armour Pro is a very small pocket friendly mod that uses 18650, 20700, and 21700 batteries.
Can't believe how good it feels in the hand.

I would have been remiss if I didn't give you food for thought on another mod as well. :D
It fit the description of what you said you liked in a mod and had a mesh coil tank you could use on it and the Pico 21700, lol.

Last edited:

CJB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2010
Phoenix
The Cascade Baby works well with mesh coils, so I would imagine the Cascade Mini would as well. It's basically just the 22mm version of it.

I got my Cascade Baby in the Vaporesso Armour Pro kit for under $40 shipped.
Only used it until the mesh coil it came with was used up, but it was very nice. I would still use it if had an RBA.
Plus, the Armour Pro is a very small pocket friendly mod that uses 18650, 20700, and 21700 batteries.
Can't believe how good it feels in the hand.

I would have been remiss if I didn't give you food for thought on another mod as well. :D
It fit the description of what you said you liked in a mod and had a mesh coil tank you could use on it and the Pico 21700, lol.

Me likey. Where’d you get the pro kit for that price?

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
Me likey. Where’d you get the pro kit for that price?

myfreedomsmokes.com
Several places have it for about $40 like elementvape.com and eightvape.com to name a couple.
Google for a coupon code for the sites can get it down even more.
I'll see if I can find the coupon code I used at myfreedomsmokes. Mine was $36.15 plus shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread