Mesh question....

Status
Not open for further replies.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
Yes, papergoblin, that’s the best idea I’ve heard all day. Go buy one now and then let us know all the pertinent details about how to regulate the desired ohms while avoiding hot spots. :) Oh yeah, and thanks! Ha

Sometimes you just have to throw money at things, lol. Mesh can be a pita to play around with because it's just not a normal thing. The only time I used it was on genny tanks but that was as a wick not the actual heating element.

Torching it with a lighter oxidizes it, which stops shorts when used as a wick. Theoretically it should do the same thing here, just don't torch what goes in the clamps. The resistance should still stay close to the same as it will still have internal resistance but 2 layers shouldn't arc to each other.

I get the kids to bed, I'll see if I can rig something up on an rda I have. I won't be able to actually vape it but I should be able to test for shorts and such.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
You can cut the mesh into a narrow strip and make a coil with it in a regular rda. Didn't day it's easy to wick ;)

Though I'm mainly an RDA guy I skipped all mesh RDAs. There was this RTA from a german manufacturer, Taifun BT, it used steel cord to wick the juice up to the vaporizing chamber and used mesh around a big blob of cotton as a coil, essentially the same as the mesh RDAs. It was a power hungry juice annihilating monster, luckily I didn't buy it. I hear similar things about the mesh RDAs so I'm not particularly tempted. Having vaped on 2 of them I can't say the flavor is any better than a single coil RDA at less than half the power, I'm not sold on those.

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
The flavor I’m getting couldn’t be any better, even better than any of my other RDA’s. A good reason for being patient with this one. Just hope I can get it all figured out soon. It’s really not soaking up the juice any more than I’d expect...if it were I’d be disappointed because I really value my juice and don’t want it to be more costly. You’re right about there being a big blob of cotton in it!

Yes papergoblin....let’s see what you can do! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread