Status
Not open for further replies.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Squonking and Dripping are exactly the same. An atomizer DOES NOT CARE which end gets the juice.

To me, there is a huge difference. Squonking and most tanks suffer from similar problems. Squonking has a juice well which can reach higher temperatures that can destroy many flavors. Plus some of the caramelization and charredness ends up there too. And when you release the squonk bottle, some of that gets sucked back into the squonk bottle. Which in turn taints the whole squonk bottle. Effectively destroying the flavor of the whole bottle. Dripping you get nothing but the best untainted juice ever! :D

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Good god, pretty soon we are going to have to break this down into preferential categories:

MTL dependence disorder, Vaper will not consider going above 7 watts. Believes he/she may spontaneously combust "in it for the throat hit."

Pod people, the people who need special "p" in their vape to enjoy it.

Mesh Freaks: they put rabbit wire on all their windows and insist the view is "better."

Squonkoholics, (too easy) who are prepared for anything much like "Survivor Man" or think they are because they are carrying around a bottle of juice with them cleverly hidden INSIDE their vape. They can also eat live scorpions without getting stung and turn back the heat of the sun using MERELY their will. Also found in Vegas pulling rabbits out of hats.

Dripper Drips, who feel the only way to enjoy an atomizer is to live dangerously in constant fear of a dry hit, because of the FLAVOR (some of these daredevils even do this while DRIVING.)

Mech Master Guru Genii, of which I have nothing but positives to say, they win at vaping because they could look at my REGULATED MOD and blow up the battery in it with simply a piecing stare.

Juice Makers Monkeys who will demand to know your PG/VG ratio with exact precision, calculate molecular weights and express the infinitesimal differences that occur with "drops" because "drops are not the same size" and argue over kitchen scales with more intensity than the Iron Chef contestants.

I could go on, I am so tired I am BARELY EVEN trying, other than to note. at the lowest rung of the vaping ladder, s/he who is Vaporizer PolySetup Dependent among us, who will suck a drag off ANYTIHING, even the Juul found in the street.

Pick your poison. Pick it. Then remember it's just like a nose, you can always pick it again another day. Ain't no need to squabble and what works for you is what works for YOU.

We are lucky, think of all the variety we get to enjoy! Or decide, "The vape stops HERE, for me."

Anna

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Good god, pretty soon we are going to have to break this down into preferential categories:

MTL dependence disorder, Vaper will not consider going above 7 watts. Believes he/she may spontaneously combust "in it for the throat hit."

Pod people, the people who need special "p" in their vape to enjoy it.

Mesh Freaks: they put rabbit wire on all their windows and insist the view is "better."

Squonkoholics, (too easy) who are prepared for anything much like "Survivor Man" or think they are because they are carrying around a bottle of juice with them cleverly hidden INSIDE their vape. They can also eat live scorpions without getting stung and turn back the heat of the sun using MERELY their will. Also found in Vegas pulling rabbits out of hats.

Dripper Drips, who feel the only way to enjoy an atomizer is to live dangerously in constant fear of a dry hit, because of the FLAVOR (some of these daredevils even do this while DRIVING.)

Mech Master Guru Genii, of which I have nothing but positives to say, they win at vaping because they could look at my REGULATED MOD and blow up the battery in it with simply a piecing stare.

Juice Makers Monkeys who will demand to know your PG/VG ratio with exact precision, calculate molecular weights and express the infinitesimal differences that occur with "drops" because "drops are not the same size" and argue over kitchen scales with more intensity than the Iron Chef contestants.

I could go on, I am so tired I am BARELY EVEN trying, other than to note. at the lowest rung of the vaping ladder, s/he who is Vaporizer PolySetup Dependent among us, who will suck a drag off ANYTIHING, even the Juul found in the street.

Pick your poison. Pick it. Then remember it's just like a nose, you can always pick it again another day. Ain't no need to squabble and what works for you is what works for YOU.

We are lucky, think of all the variety we get to enjoy! Or decide, "The vape stops HERE, for me."

Anna
Crickey, this for me qualifies for post of the year status. Kudos Anna, you've nailed it :toast:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Unless you know yourself and you know if you like it you are going to want more than one and expensive ones.

It's called addiction and @gsmit1 I have looked it UP and it is a real DISEASE!! (My kid said that to me once about clowns, and it was so cute.)

So that fateful squonk just make sure it REALLY sucks if you are worried I guess... try it... with your most vomotous juice.

But yeah, death is not NECESSARILY a reason to not rock climb (I do rock climb BTW.) It is just sort of a.... deterrent for some folks.

Anna

Reactions: BillW50

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    But yeah, death is not NECESSARILY a reason to not rock climb (I do rock climb BTW.) It is just sort of a.... deterrent for some folks.

I'm afraid rock climbing is past tense at my advanced age. Hell, I cant hardly climb out of bed anymore.

Walter Ladd

Multiple ID Suspension
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 18, 2018
    • Deleted by retired1
    • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    To me, there is a huge difference. Squonking and most tanks suffer from similar problems. Squonking has a juice well which can reach higher temperatures that can destroy many flavors. Plus some of the caramelization and charredness ends up there too. And when you release the squonk bottle, some of that gets sucked back into the squonk bottle. Which in turn taints the whole squonk bottle. Effectively destroying the flavor of the whole bottle. Dripping you get nothing but the best untainted juice ever! :D

That depends entirely on your atomizer. The ones I use have a flat deck so there is no juice well. The juice ether gets wicked up or returns to the tank.

g.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    Hi I've been in the vaping industry for years now and have had many tanks over the years both mesh and normal coil, for me mesh was amazing at flavour and for more cooler vape lovers, however I found that normal coils provided more cloud and less juice consumption with some tanks and were able to achieve the same amount of flavour as mesh with the right build. But I still curious as too how many people prefer mesh over normal coils and vice versa and why ?
    When were talking about rebuildables I do prefer coils in fact I thought I hated mesh but I recently purchased a kylin mini all in one and the Chamber in that mesh is so small that it really produces nice flavor. So I do like that. In commercial coils I think that the mesh coils sometimes provide better flavor but I do agree with you when you say that they tend to use more juice which does make sense because there's more surface area to vaporize the juice from. If I had to choose overall to never use another mesh rebuildable or mesh sub ohm coil or never use a Clapton again or regular wire in a commercial coil I would have to give up the mesh even if it meant I had to give up sub ohm mesh too. But if I could just pick whatever I like I prefer my sub ohm coils to have mesh and in general my rebuildables to be a Clapton of some sort

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread