Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank NJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
NJ
Hi Experts,

I finally took the plunge into rebulidable atomizers. Question I have is what is the difference in all of the different mesh types: 325 vs 400 etc. Does the juice you vape dictate which one you use? Also what about the wire, is there a difference there too? Last question, I have seen videos with different wraps i.e. 3 or 4 what is the advantage/disadvantage of how many times you wrap the wire around the mesh? Sorry if some of my lingo is incorrect this is all new too me and is a learning process :)

Thanks,
Frank NJ

michliu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Seattle, WA
You'll want to head over the Rebuildable Atomizer sub-forum,

Rebuildable Atomizer Systems

After reading, post your questions there. Lots of potential answers depending on what type of atomizer you are rebuilding (dripper, genesis) what type of wick you want (stainless steel wick, silica wick, cotton wick), the device you are using (Ego Twist, variable voltage, mechanical). Higher numbered mesh wicks better regardless of juice. Given the same gauge wire (i.e. 32g Kanthal) more wraps equals higher ohms. The PV you are using, the type of vape you want, and a bunch of other factors will determine what ohms you want to shoot for. Rebuildables are all I use now, saves money, I can tinker for the perfect vape, and it's fun most of the time (the other 20% of the time it can be frustrating). Once one gets over the learning curve, most are very happy with rebuildables. Good luck!

erawtik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
Well for the mesh the number means how many holes per square inch from my understanding. Standard seems to be 400 which is what i use and works just fine, iv seen alot about 500 working well. Now wire standard seems to be low 30's i use 32 and it works perfect for me. The size of wire and amount of wraps will give you different ohm readings. With my 32 i wrap 3 times i get around 1.5 ohm's or 4 wraps i get around 2-2.2 ohm's and so on. From what iv read seems majority like the lower ohm's. Best thing i feel is a get a vivi nova that comes with 3 heads and try each one for a day to see what you like, which is what i kinda did to figure out il never use the 2.8 heads.

finagle69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Sacramento, CA
Getting the Wire size and number of wraps is pretty important if you want to use this on an electronic mod, like a VV/VW one. Most of these will not work with any device that is below 1.2 Ohms.

I have an AGA-T2 setup with a 5/4 wrap of 28Ga Kanthal A-1 that Ohms out to 0.8. That's 17 Watts on a mechanical mod, but my VAMO won't fire it.

theo3285

Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
Versailles, France
I use 200 and don't make tubes but plain soft wicks. I do this coz I vape 100% VG. You'd go with 325 with 50/50 PG/VG and 400 with 80/20 PG/VG. As for the coil, I use SS 316L and usualy do 4 wraps so I get 2.5 ohms on my DIDs. I do 7 wraps on my ZAP but the wick is alot thiner. It took me several month of trying, reading and video viewing to come up with that. Genesys as quite a learning curve but it is worth the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread