• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Miami Area Help??

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustKryssi

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Dirty Jerz
Hi everyone! I'm hoping someone here can give me some info.

After giving up hope of moving home to NY/NJ, hubby might have an employment opportunity in the Miami area. I am currently on the other coast in Venice.

Does anyone know of nice places to live in the Miami area? I'm looking for low crime, residential, suburban type of living. We figured he could travel up to an hour each way to commute.

Thanks in advance!

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi Kryssi!! Congrats on your hubby's employment op in Miami.

The city data site has a lot of info, might be a good place to start, I'm clueless about Miami other than it's on my way to the Keys lol!

Miami Forum - Miami-Dade County - City-Data Forum

If you don't move real fast maybe you can still make our St. Pete meet on the 11th :)

Good luck with the move!

JustKryssi

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Dirty Jerz
Hi there!

Just speculative at the moment, so not a rush. People in the advertising art field have to go where the work is though.

I am so not a fan of those City Data people. When we were looking to move down here, they had me thinking this area was horrible and crime ridden, lol! Oh really? This area is so beautiful and quiet....glad I didn't listen.:D

I can't make the Sept 11 meet because my sisters and brand new nephew are coming in from Spokane that day.

Skud

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2010
South Florida
www.powerstationstudios.com
"Miami" is a big area. if his work is in North Miami then you could probably get away with living in the North Broward area (Coral Springs/Parkland/Deerfield Beach). generally nice and safe suburban area filled with middle and upper-middle class people, about an hour from downtown Miami. if it's south Miami, Kendall has some really nice suburban areas. Cooper City/Davie in South West Broward is a little more rural feeling, horse farms and the like, and nearby Pembroke Pines has a similar suburban "shopping-mall and starbucks" feel to North Broward, both roughly 40 minutes from downtown. if you're looking for something a little more homegrown and don't mind learning some spanish, i'm actually a big fan of the Little Havana area just a little west of downtown Miami. maybe a little more dangerous than the other places i mentioned, but not "crime ridden" by any means. much more culture though, and some of the Cuban food there is likely the best in the country. Aventura is an area in more north-eastern Miami that a lot of more affluent tend to really enjoy, and you're a 15-20 minute shot from downtown. if you're making good money and you like trendy sushi restaurants and yoga studios and the like, it's a great and safe place to live. a lot of people also seem to really like the areas around University of Miami and the old Orange Bowl (soon to be new Marlins Stadium) off US1, middle to upper-middle class, nice neighborhoods, lots of retirees and families, good old-Miami feel, and it's pretty affordable right now. probably the safest area in the "heart" of Miami. this might be your best bet. i grew up and have lived in South Florida my whole life and it's where my heart will always stay, so if you have questions about specific areas or whatnot i would be happy to share.

good luck!

angry-amy

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2010
miami
we have lived in the doral area (western dade county) and we now live in miami lakes. in searching for a place, we found that the miami lakes ares is the best area locally for the northeastern transplants. it definitely has a good hometown feel instead of being a concrete jungle like other areas, and it is definitely safe.

Miami Lakes Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread