Midi Vapestack

Status
Not open for further replies.

dionymnia

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
I've got one, and it's very nice. As good as the first vapestack, but with the extra bonus of being able to take the 18350 battery, which really extends its use (it can use the same batteries as the original vapestack, the 16340s, too). It's also really stylish looking - got a bit of an art deco look to it. I've had several people approach me to ask about it (and I have never had anyone approach me when I've used my original blue vapestack).

Jim211

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2010
North Carolina, USA
I went to madvapes and saw how they make them. Very tough little pv and great price. I don't think you will go wrong if you buy one. And there work area is very clean :) Personally would go for midi vape first unless you want the big roughstack for 6 volt or the 18650 3.7 volt battery life. Either way its a good deal and I personally know they put quality first.

matthawk7

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Columbia, SC
Got mine a few days ago and I love this thing. It's my first real battery mod and there is a huge difference between this and the ego. Maybe my ego batteries were dying but even compared to my buddy's brand new ego battery this thing blows it away. I really like the consistency of it...the ego was good but I'm amazed at the difference. My only gripe is the button...it's a bit small but I'm already thinking of a cap or something to go over the button to make it a little easier to push. Thanks again madvapes

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
If its your first mod you're also seeing true 3.7V vaping. The Chinese designed products with the MOSFET regulators pulse the current and that circuitry eats up a bit of voltage so they only provide around 3.2 to 3.3V. So you're seeing about 15% more voltage hence more heat from the atomizer.

If you don't like the small button consider trying the regular sized roughstack. Its about the same size as your vapestack but uses a different switch with a bigger button to press.

wolfstone5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2010
Somerset, Pennsylvania
I purchased the Mini VapeStack 6 Volt Extension recently. It actually fits the Midi rather nicely and looks great. There are no gaps and it looks as if it were made for the Midi. The only drawback is that it only takes the 16340 batteries for 6 volt vaping. It does NOT fit the 18350's. It also accepts a 14500 for 3.7 volts. The extended Midi makes for a beautifully crafted, extremely small six volt device. MadVapes only has a couple of these in stock right now and I recommend getting one while you can.

Attachments

• Midi Plus 115.jpg
    Midi Plus 115.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

brian5470

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2010
Trenton, Ohio, United States
I purchased the Mini VapeStack 6 Volt Extension recently. It actually fits the Midi rather nicely and looks great. There are no gaps and it looks as if it were made for the Midi. The only drawback is that it only takes the 16340 batteries for 6 volt vaping. It does NOT fit the 18350's. It also accepts a 14500 for 3.7 volts. The extended Midi makes for a beautifully crafted, extremely small six volt device. MadVapes only has a couple of these in stock right now and I recommend getting one while you can.

WOW that looks really nice! Why doesn't it fit the 18350's though? Is the inside diameter different?

justm

Nov 14, 2010
NYC
The eGo kit I'd ordered back in mid-November to really get started with vaping basically petered out. Went back to my Camel lights and spent a day online looking for a mod (not wanting to deal with pricey eGo battery replacements in perpetuity if they die with this frequency) and settled on this one. Priority shipped and eagerly awaited it's arrival. (Fast order fulfillment, Mad Vapes!)

SO worth it. I love it.

My coworkers (all get a kick out of the ecig concept) were less enthused with it than I, comparing the aesthetics to my now non-functioning eGo, but I think it looks great. A couple of nicks in it here and there, but that just reminds me it wasn't made by a robot =)

I am worried about the whole switch thing. If something happens and it needs to be replaced, I've no idea how to do that myself. I know I can always just ship it back and MV will do the replacement for me, but it'd be cool to know I could handle it in a pinch. Of course "solder" is a foreign concept to me. So I suppose I'm out of luck there. There's not some kind of switch-replacement tutorial out there is there? Searching ECF didn't yield anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread