Might be too stupid to use e-cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

curlygirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2010
Indiana
Well, I just got my 510 kit from cignot in the mail. The instructions for all of this are abit lacking and maybe I am on information overload or just abit of a tard, but I am a little lost! :confused:

I have 2 batteries, two atomizers, 2 chargers, 5 blank cartridges, 5 marlboro high carts and 3 different levels of nicotine juice. Now, I have to pour liquid on the attys to remove the primer taste, is that the 1 of the 3 nicotine juice bottles right?

Do you need to use juice if you have a pre-filled cartridges:confused: How long do those cartridges last? And once the pre-filled cartridges are empty, are they the ones that can be "cleaned" and reused as well?

Help...I am already a little discouraged and I haven't even really gotten started.:(

Please explain this as if talking to a 4 year old, I will not be offended:p

Victor Frankenstein

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
Canada
Now, I have to pour liquid on the attys to remove the primer taste, is that the 1 of the 3 nicotine juice bottles right?

I just blow mine out and put a drop or two on the atomizer wick. That seems to do the trick.

To blow them out, put a paper towel on one end and blow in the other. Wipe off. Flip it around. Do the same from the other side.

Normally some liquid will come out. That's the primer.

Do you need to use juice if you have a pre-filled cartridges:confused:

No. Just pop them on the atomizer and go.

How long do those cartridges last?

Depends on the use really. The flavour and vapour will start to diminish as the liquid starts to be used up. If you taste a slight burnt flavour it is time to top them off.

And once the pre-filled cartridges are empty, are they the ones that can be "cleaned" and reused as well?

Yup.

I don't wash mine*. I just top them off. I don't mind a little flavour mingling because most of the flavours I use seem to blend rather well.

*I do wash mine from time to time, just not between each refill.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
If it makes you feel less stupid I can tell you that when mine arrived it took me 10 minutes of looking to realise that the cart it comes with came OFF in order to attch the prefilled cart. I spent that 10 mins trying to jam the prefilled cart on top of the cart it arrives with :oops: I didn't think it looked right, but because the batt, atty and cart were all black I couldn't see the 'join' and didn't know it just pulls off.
Ah yes - we were all newbs once :D

Bobnoxious

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2010
MI
The Cignot girls are sending out an instruction sheet with the orders. That's where he is getting the 'drip on the atomizer' thing. Personally I haven't heard of that method. I can see how they would be a bit confusing.

From the Cignot sheet:

A tip to begin

The atomizers need breaking in. They are shipped with a primer liquid in them from the manufacturer that has a nasty taste. A good way to get through the break in period is to drop a drop of liquid directly on the metal bridge that you see when you look down into the atomizer. This not only helps with that nasty initial taste, it gets the wicking material that is located under the bridge wet. It is this wicking material in contact with the metal bridge that creates the vapor. So it needs to be saturated. So screw your atomizer onto the battery, remove the empty protective cartridge and discard. Drip a drop or two directly on the metal bridge, then put one of the pre-filled cartridges on and vape vape vape. Drip another drop and vape vape vape. You will also need to top off the cartridge with a drop or two pretty quickly.

When you drop liquid into the cartridge you will notice it pools at the top. If you take a straightened paper clip and slide it down the side of the cartridge it allows the liquid to flow down. You want the cartridge to look like a slushy. Too much fluid on the bridge will flood the atomizer, so do not drop too much. This method will get your atomizer up to speed quickly.

curlygirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2010
Indiana
a few hours into this and still acclimating myself to the whole thing. I must say there are many similarities to smoking, but some not so much....I am 8 weeks analog free, but wanted the relaxation that I attribute to "smoke breaks"....I did decide to try a low nicotine level, but I think that has given me a slight headache, so I am reverting back to the 0mg.

One quick question, is it best to completely drain the batteries or should they be plugged back in when not in use?

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego

ricky59

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
North Carolina
a few hours into this and still acclimating myself to the whole thing. I must say there are many similarities to smoking, but some not so much....I am 8 weeks analog free, but wanted the relaxation that I attribute to "smoke breaks"....I did decide to try a low nicotine level, but I think that has given me a slight headache, so I am reverting back to the 0mg.

One quick question, is it best to completely drain the batteries or should they be plugged back in when not in use?

Lithium polymer batteries do not have a memory like the old NiCd batteries did. You can charge them whenever they are not fully charged. Lithium Polymer batteries are VERY volatile if they are discharged completely or overcharged. The battery units we use for our PV's have electronics to prevent them from being discharged to dangerous levels. the chargers we use have electronics to prevent overcharging. So you don't have to worry about it.

I race radio control cars and believe me I have seen a Lipo go up before and it's not pretty. Fortunately, as I mentioned, the hardware we use is pretty well protected, so as an end user, you should be able to put them on the charger whenever you want.

curlygirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2010
Indiana
Lithium polymer batteries do not have a memory like the old NiCd batteries did. You can charge them whenever they are not fully charged. Lithium Polymer batteries are VERY volatile if they are discharged completely or overcharged. The battery units we use for our PV's have electronics to prevent them from being discharged to dangerous levels. the chargers we use have electronics to prevent overcharging. So you don't have to worry about it.

I race radio control cars and believe me I have seen a Lipo go up before and it's not pretty. Fortunately, as I mentioned, the hardware we use is pretty well protected, so as an end user, you should be able to put them on the charger whenever you want.

Good to know.....thank you!

the86d

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2009
So. California, USA
Never pitch the filler-free cart that comes on a atty.

Buy some polly filter from your local pet store and throw some in, cut and BLAM, 1 less cart you have to buy! (At about a dollar each on average, keep it!)

Make sure to line-up the wide sides of the cart with the bow-tie looking ceramic heat shield around the coil in the atty. You won't burn the flat sides of the cart this way. They tend to shrink sooner if you don't, also.

curlygirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2010
Indiana
^^Thanks, I wondered if that made a difference (lining things up)....and I also wondered about those free empty shells.....I watched the tea bag method too, does that work the same as the stuff from the pet stores?

I have noticed, as I am new to this....that sometimes I get an okay throat hit and good smoke.....other times, not so much. So, this truly is hit and miss and over time, a skilled thing...:). I did put a low nicotine juice in (marlboro low from cignot), and being that I haven't had any nicotine for abit from analogs, I cannot really tell if it makes a difference to me:confused:

I think I would enjoy this more if I had more smoke and more throat hit.....but still learning :)

CoffNoMoJo

Feb 14, 2010
Indiana
I hear ya Curlygirl. I was so mystified when I got my super-duper has-everything kit it's a miracle I even got one put together. I didn't know the difference between the battery and the atomizer. Of course I hadn't found ECF yet so I didn't know much. I didn't know to blow out the primer fluid. Thankfully, the juice I got was so wonderful I didn't realize how icky it tasted. All I knew was it beat the nasty analogs hands down!

You''ll find your sweet spot with a little practice. It'll become second nature, like lighting up USED TO be. I suffered from chronically drowned attys until I went to dripping only and stopped filling carts. My juice lasts a lot longer, too, and I don't have to mess with tea bags and such. So don't throw away those empty tips. If you morph into a dripper, you'll use 'em.

Good luck from another Hoosier! C'mon over and join us in the Hoosier Vapers subforum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread