might have stopped or at least significantly slowed my ego T leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mell4now

Apr 24, 2011
Western MA.
I MIGHT have found a way to help my leaky tank on the e-goT. By wedging just a PINCH of filter material in the tank's cap and carefully replacing it back on the tank was enough to slow the juice from just pouring out of the cap's hole. THis is just my first test, but today was also my first day that I did not have juice all in my pocket and my tank is still half full after returning home from work!! Also got a lot less juice in my mouth too.

I'm am one lazy/cheap consumer and was trying to find a work around for not having to dispose my tank every time i change the flavor because of a streched hole!

will update with long term results!

Does this count as my first mod??

Sorry if someone already posted this as a solution. If i come across it in another thread I will definately give credit!!!;)

Last edited:

Gat

Moved On
Apr 30, 2011
Midland Ontario
I just got an EGO with a tank I am wondering if you find that now if you use one of the cartridges with the batten that the flavor of your juice is drastically changed I am wondering if it is normal or not cause
I am using a VG wild 7 tobacco flavor.
I think it's called in any case in the tank it has a flavor kinda like a liquored tip colt has.
I really like it but if I use the same flavor in a cartridge with baton it changes the flavor completely but then if I take that same cartridge and put it in my 510 disposable it has another taste all together is it normal for flavors to taste that much different in units, does the power of the battery change the flavor that much? or what could be the cause maybe the atty since it is only a half day old the one atty for the cartridges may not be broken in is that possible? or is the flavor change normal ? Thanks in advance to anyone who answers some of my questions. I took the 5 cartridges that came with the ego and ran them under hot water and left them to dry overnight cause the prefilled cartridges had no nicotine and I did not like the taste and it still has a drastic change from the ego to the 510 disposable my first unit which is still working not as disposable as they say lol jUst thought I would add that in case that may have been the reason to the taste change if anyone can enlighten me it would be great.

Last edited:

bcordell70

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2009
Black Mountain, NC
I can give you my 2 cents and maybe someone with a little more experience can help but with the regular 510 the carts used a poly fiber fill to hold the juice, the ego tank uses a tank type cart with no filling which is more like dripping. So that would cause a change of taste. Plus there is a huge difference between the regular 510 batteries and the ego tank batteries.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Guys, if you fill one of those tanks and hold it hole down the liquid doesn't even come out of it if your using a somewhat of a good percentage VG liquid, if you clog the whole the Attys heating element wont get enough liquid and you will be vaping a burnt Atty, the hole is there so it feeds the Atty's pin it doesn't get enough liquid through the pin as it is, taste is very muted with these dam things no matter how you mess with it and even if you drip in them the flavor isnt there. Personally I feel they are junk. There is nothing better then a good ole bottom feeder like a Reo, Ali'i all of the better ones, heck a good Boge 1.5 or 2.0ohm carto is way better than these Ego-T Atty's that have never worked how they where supposed to. Best bet is to trash them and go with better working Cartos on your Ego Batts, like a Boge, dual coil, or Echo carto which is new and is supposed to be good I haven't tried one of these yet, but all of them beet the Ego-T, just my personal opinion of course but what do I know anyway right :)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I use the eGo tanks all the time with absoultely no problems....and they taste great, the vapor is good also.....and I just got some 510-T atties in also and find them to be just as good.....
they are much easier to fill and it takes only a few seconds.... this is good for new vaporers as it makes it easier to realize that these truly do work..
my 2 cents.
:)

Pigskin75

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2011
Baton Rouge, La.
I use the eGo tanks all the time with absoultely no problems....and they taste great, the vapor is good also.....and I just got some 510-T atties in also and find them to be just as good.....
they are much easier to fill and it takes only a few seconds.... this is good for new vaporers as it makes it easier to realize that these truly do work..
my 2 cents.

Well said Sugar. To each his or her own and Lord knows vapers have enough choices to make out there! It can get VERY confusing. And a forum this size can be very intimidating!

I use tanks myself and do have some problems with leakage...but I'm working on it. Dripping is nice, but I'm a lazy sucker! I'm here researching some new products at GotVapes...I just can't ask questions yet. ;) So I figure I'd help a few new folks out.

Hey, and congrats on the 271 days smoke free! I just made 31 days today thanks to PVs!

smut peddler

May 2, 2010
hell
my 2 cents.

Same here, I haven't had problems.

For the leakage problem, I had this for a couple days, so I decided to use a new tank (used the same one for a month with no problems until now) and it was fixed! The hole in my old tank was just too large after a month, so using a fresh tank did the trick.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Sorry if you thought I was being to rough on you guys it's not what I was trying to do, I was only giving my personal opinion. I've been there I tried the same things, I used the blue foam in the opening of the tank, other fillers too, and thought the same way you guys where, it didn't work, then I did a few other things that helped a little bit but just didn't meet my expectations of a quality vape.

I wrote in to the company asking them to open up the needle opening more, use a slightly different wicking system, and lastly asked them to make 3ml tanks, I also asked them to make the tanks out of stainless steel. They did listen a little bit, I also think the SS Tanks would help and last forever but of course they would sell much less so I don't think they will ever do it, but if they did it would help and flavor would be much better, I also get that plastic taste with the current ones. I have been up down inside and out trying to make these work, they just don't provide the vape I'm looking for sorry.

Either way I just have had nothing but bad experience with these, I know there have been people like Sugar and Spice who say they are enjoying them but compared to a well built bottom feeder there is no comparison. Even certain cartos are a much better vape like Iken cartos and the dual coil carto now out, again my opinion ONLY and some may disagree but I think you will find many more who do agree. Heck try a dual coil, Carto, a Boge Carto, a Iken V2Gold carto, all of these dance circles around these muted tasting plastic tasting tanks, again my opinion ONLY, what do I know anyway right :2cool:.

Good luck with them I hope you find a way, I couldn't, but as far as tanks go, the syringe mod, maptank, AFS,UFS, and carto's mentioned above all blow these Ego-T style ones away as well as bottom feeders. I say it again in my opinion ONLY. For these companies to spend what they do and as big as they are they should be producing things that are much better then what some local modders are producing, but they aren't even close, they throw a lot of trash at us from over seas that just does not produce or work as advertised and these don't, period end of story, I hope that they have however been working on there R&D and make more improvements because as of now they should be embarrassed on what they put out there and are selling in my opinion and calling it a good vape, it's not, not even close compared to the current other set ups I'm using on a daily basis.

Mell4now

Apr 24, 2011
Western MA.
THank everyone for their posts so far... I definatley heard split reviews on the tank system people either love it or hate it. I'm trying to make it work while shopping for other options as well. (trying to find my niche!!) and havent yet decided if im a lover or a hater!!!!

From what I gathered so far there definatly isn't much quality control in the whole e-cig accessory manufacturing buisness in general!! It's amazing to hear how the same product preforms so differently for everyone. In fact I got 2 attys with my system and one of them was junk right off the bat. I also got a junk atty with my first cig too there are differences in the quality control/consistancy even comming from the same box!!!!

but to update my little post from before, I am on my second tank with the filler loosely packed in the cap and so far so good!! I am also exploring other options as well such as the "smart cart." I have a drip-tip in the mail, and may even try a few clear or translucent cartomizers (definately need to see into whatever I buy to know my juice level!!!!)

I definately appreciate ANY AND ALL advice wether it be to help me use/like what I have, or to suggest another product that may fit better.

JLeet

May 14, 2011
SC
I am also having issues with my BRAND NEW Ego-T Atty randomly leaking at the atty-battery and constantly flooding. I have tried replacing the cart with no luck. Reading some of the above posts makes me think it might be crap... I duno.

mwa102464, I can not send you PM's as of yet so, I was wondering if maybe you would help me pick out a quality atty and cart. I don't really know much about how a carto works or even a drip tip. I like the cart on the atty setup like the Ego-T. But I would be game for anything that works really well for me. I work outside all day 5 days a week so dripping might not be the best for me from what I do know about it.

Thanks for any help guys.

Last edited:

Kilogram

Jan 27, 2011
Kentucky, U.S.A
Hi everyone,

I've got an eGo T and as long as I use a fresh brand new cart every 4 hours I have no leaks. That comes to about $9.00 dollars a day in empty eGo T carts. :( :(

The big question seems to be how do you take a used T-cart out for a refill and install back without having any leaks? They seems to be leaking out around the hole that was punctured the first time the cart was installed. If my eGo T is gonna cost me more than $9.00 dollars a day in empty carts its gonna be in the trash can soon.

Seems to me eGo T carts need to cost no more than .25 cents per cart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread