Might try my hand at DIY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Well....the cinnamon was a total bust. The FA spicy cinnamon candy was absolutely awful. I could barely taste the cinnamon, and there was this weird undertone. Blech. Tried some Capellas flavors. Decent but a bit on the weak side, I think. Ah well.

I do have the calculator from Scubabatdan. :)

Cinnamon is a tough one. I think Nhaler sells an "atomic fireball" cinnamon. And you may find a cinn that burns like cinn candy is rather irritating to the lungs...cinnamaldehyde is is the flavor and a known lung irritant. I personally avoid it, but then eating cinnamon over a long period can irritate me from mouth all the way down...as in all the way down. Some vape it without any issues at all though, but I wanted to add my $0.02. If you do get a burny cinn and you start coughing a lot, I would not vape it.

Guineahill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
King George Virginia USA
Well....the cinnamon was a total bust. The FA spicy cinnamon candy was absolutely awful. I could barely taste the cinnamon, and there was this weird undertone. Blech. Tried some Capellas flavors. Decent but a bit on the weak side, I think. Ah well.

I do have the calculator from Scubabatdan. :)

I like cinnamon flavors too! I use several flavoring that have a bit of a cinnamon kick to them, but when I want a strong cinnamon flavor I go with the oil. It only takes a small amount. I do put in a few drops of vodka to help it emulsify.

Some don't use oils, don't use cinnamon, and don't use alcohol in their mixes but I haven't had a problem. To each his own!

:)

JLeigh

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
Wisconsin
Yeah, I really am on the quest for a good DIY cinnamon. I have vaped cinnamon before and enjoyed it, but it was Dekang and I got too many bad batches. I did try the Atomic Fireball from TastyVapor, but it was WAY too sweet for me. Whew! I have the FA cinnamon on the way (different from the spicy cinnamon candy one...I hope), and I'm hoping it's good. If not, it's back to the drawing board again. :)

sattec

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
mcallen texas
Hey gang! About the gatorade and koolaid, I never had a problem. I use vg and I do not add sugar to the koolaid,the VG is sweet enough. Just mix the koolaid strong,like syrup...I use cherry and fruit punch...I'm off gatorade because it always was too thin, the "koolaid concentrate" works for me....I'm about to go 100% nic free so getting the flavor right is gonna be important...my vaping days are coming to an end soon. I'd love to smoke again but those days are over, there are no "good tasting" cigarettes any more, they don't make 'em anymore and vaping requires too much time to a nic fix IMO. So I've been mixing my own juice and turning down the nic slowly, I think I'm getting close to going nic free.

JLeigh

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
Wisconsin
Just a mini progress report. :) Of the 10-12 FA and Capellas flavors I have tried so far, the only one I like is the Vanilla Custard, so I was pretty disappointed. I decided to get some Lorann's locally just to see if by ANY chance I would like them (I fully expected to hate them for some reason). I've tried two so far and I love both of them! I'm pretty relieved because I was beginning to think that my expectations were too high or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread