Million Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

punchy187

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Arizona
I want to make a compact high voltage mod what do I need and how do I do it. Links to awesome tutorials are fine as long as they give detailed information for dummies.

#1 High voltage without stacking batteries? How?
#2 batteries that are safe to stack? Any?
#3 Mosfets? How do they work? How do you use them?
#4 What are the safest batteries for high voltage?
#5 RCR123 3 Volt Batteries? Good? Bad? Safe to Stack?
#6 Resisters and tiny switches? Mosfets are resisters? How do they work?
#7 5 Volt vaping safer than 7.4 Volt without stacking batteries?
#8 4.7 volt batteries? Where?
#9 Variable voltage? WTF is that? Safe?

Most of all I want a safe high voltage tiny ... compact as hell mod. If anyone can elaborate on the finer details about how this can be done I would be very appreciative. Thanks.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Here would be a better place to ask your questions: Modding Forum
;-)

I can't offer too much specific advice, but I can give a little info:

#1 - using a booster circuit you can get higher voltages from a single battery
#2 - when stacking batteries, only do so with two of the same battery, don't mix and match. As for what is "safe", they need to be able to handle the amount of current you're demanding of them and whatever mod they are in should have sufficient protection built in, as well. I'll hit #5 here, too, since it's related: rcr123 batts can be stacked, but you have to choose good quality ones that are rated above the amount of discharge current that you will be demanding of them. The most common ones, the Tenergy ones, are not suitable.
#4 - Using a booster with an IMR battery is probably the safest method, though there are plenty of options and opinions
#8 - there are 4.8 volt NiMh batteries available from several vendors. They don't have a lot of capacity, so not the best run times on a charge, but they work. They also require a different charger than your lithium batts
#9 - VV mods allow you to adjust the voltage to your preferences for the atty/carto/juice you are vaping for your optimal hit and flavor. Yes, they are safe as long as they are built properly

I'm not knowledgeable enough to offer any insight into the other questions and my answers that I did provide are just quick and dirty basic answers. Head on over to the Modding forum and you'll find people who can give you far more detailed info. Just have a browse around, first, since a lot of it is posted already :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread