mini buddha hot legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Can you say a bit about what you've tried, and pics might help even more? I suppose it's possible you aren't trimming the wire correctly around the coil but I'm afraid I don't own this tank, so nothing else springs immediately to mind.... I'm sure others will be along to help, but saying what you've tried may eliminate some possible solutions, I think. :)

Anna

bab123

Apr 14, 2017
Can you say a bit about what you've tried, and pics might help even more? I suppose it's possible you aren't trimming the wire correctly around the coil but I'm afraid I don't own this tank, so nothing else springs immediately to mind.... I'm sure others will be along to help, but saying what you've tried may eliminate some possible solutions, I think. :)

Anna
im not realy sure what to say i didnt see any problem the legs just kept getting hot it was a stainless clapton wire the post screw messed a bit with the wrapping wire but that shouldnt affect alot right? i made new coils 3 times and each time a new hot leg appeared and the old disappered. i might buy some smaller wire i am runing it on a series mech

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
"Messed with" can you define that? If a wire is squashed, the ends aren't snipped well, or the screw isn't screwed down enough, I think those things can ALL affect the outcome. It is possible that smaller gauge wire may be easier to work with yes... I loathe the "screw down to the deck" part of coilbuilding, myself. If you have an inflexible or otherwise difficult wire, it can be hard to do correctly, but I'm still not sure what you mean by "messing with."

Anna

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
Huh-9jjr6n.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: ExtremeDooty

bab123

Apr 14, 2017
Not related to the hot leg issue, but remember, in a series mech, the voltage doubles (8.4V full charge) and the amperage is fixed. With a 0.3 ohm build, you'll be pulling 28A. Do be sure your batteries are sufficient to sustain that.
I know I might be pushing it a bit I am going to build higher with some twisted kanthal the problem is I don't really know what will work for this tank mini buddha it's my first so called cloud chaser rda. I am running vtc5a

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I know I might be pushing it a bit I am going to build higher with some twisted kanthal the problem is I don't really know what will work for this tank mini buddha it's my first so called cloud chaser rda. I am running vtc5a

It's a good 25A battery. Hope you get the builds worked out and get one you like.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

bab123

Apr 14, 2017
Have you tried just plain 24g?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
I have its not my thing at least on a series mech yesterday I made a nice coil with22 kanthal and it seems to hit the spot a little bit too much with full batteries but I might try 20 gauge i am also going to get some single core claptons to try out

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread