Mini sub cracked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    If a tank (any tank) has only a single crack in it, it's almost definitely structural and/or impact/stress-related. Cracking caused by juices do not always manifest as hazing or a spiderweb but there will most likely be a few cracks.

As far as receiving one already damaged, I'm pretty sure Pop checks them before packing and I highly doubt that it left the shop in that state. On the other hand, I've heard of plenty of cases of people receiving pyrex tanks that have been crushed or shattered so it wouldn't surprise me at all if some of these arrive damaged. I hope you dropped a line on their website, or sent an email, when you got it--I know they'd want the opportunity to make it right...

:)

I'm ok with using as-is. It seems once the crack is there, it relieves all the stress and doesn't continue. I agree with the potential shipping damage- I've gotten squished cartos in those little bubble envelopes. Something to consider if not already done--- ship with the screw Not screwed into the tank.

I'm still a happy customer- these tanks changed my vaping life. I used to fill 7 cartos 3x a day, and with this tank, I just squirt it full in the morning- and I'm done for the day.

P0P

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 23, 2011
    C'Ville Virginia
    momandpopvaporshop.com
    wow, i had my tank for like 2 days and i just put in my new flavor from fuzionvapor called gummy blood ( green) and it crack within 2 mins.. i was about to vape it and then i saw it bleeding all over my table =/////

Hi pandy I will be happy to help. I received your e-mail. I need you to send me a order # (I have given out over 75 of the colored Tanks for FREE!) and have not sold many as they have just been put on the site not long ago so lets start with that so i can help :)

Thank you!

pwyll

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2011
    Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
    It taste like lemon with cherries . I should email them for not warning us

Hmmm. Citrus oil is a "known enemy" of polycarbonate tanks--but quite a few citrus juices don't have any actual citrus oil in them, so it's still a "maybe the juice, maybe not" situation...

Either way, though, Pop's got you covered ;)

pwyll

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 24, 2011
    Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
    I'm ok with using as-is. It seems once the crack is there, it relieves all the stress and doesn't continue. I agree with the potential shipping damage- I've gotten squished cartos in those little bubble envelopes. Something to consider if not already done--- ship with the screw Not screwed into the tank.

That sounds like a great idea. I wonder how long it will be before the first "This is probably a silly question, but where exactly does the screw go?" post :laugh:

I'm still a happy customer- these tanks changed my vaping life. I used to fill 7 cartos 3x a day, and with this tank, I just squirt it full in the morning- and I'm done for the day.

:thumb:

Tanks are wonderful things, and it was Mom and Pop's tanks that made them viable for me. My first attempt at tanks was abysmal (and expensive), but I was new enough to vaping to not realize that tanks were relatively new as well. I went through three different styles/brands and buying them used from the classifieds meant I only had to pay $30 to $40 each--but all of them leaked (at least for me) and I gave up on tanks compleatly. When M&P started selling tanks a few months later they were cheap enough to give them another chance--and this style of tank has driven the price of the others down to a more affordable range as well...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread