mini vivi ego thread cover help

Status
Not open for further replies.

struckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
Ontario, Canada
hey guys..i'm wondering what thread cover would do the best on the mini vivi..I have an 18650 tub mod coming in if that matters on the style of thread cover that would do best..

i'm thinking style C would flare too much and is for the larger vivi..style D looks like the right one? it looks like it flares a tiny bit right?

eGo%20Sleeve%20Cone%20CD.jpg

or would the straight be B style be better?

eGo%20Sleeve%20Cone%20AB.jpg

thanks in advance!

edit: did some digging and searching and found type D is for mini vivi nova's and type C is for the larger vivi..in case someone else searches for this topic and finds this thread..cheers..

Last edited:

Boxster

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
Buda, Tx
hey guys..i'm wondering what thread cover would do the best on the mini vivi..I have an 18650 tub mod coming in if that matters on the style of thread cover that would do best..

i'm thinking style C would flare too much and is for the larger vivi..style D looks like the right one? it looks like it flares a tiny bit right?

eGo%20Sleeve%20Cone%20CD.jpg

or would the straight be B style be better?

eGo%20Sleeve%20Cone%20AB.jpg

thanks in advance!

edit: did some digging and searching and found type D is for mini vivi nova's and type C is for the larger vivi..in case someone else searches for this topic and finds this thread..cheers..

The type-d is the best for the Mini Vivi Nova. The type-c for regular Vivi Nova. The Nova's have an air hole on the 510 connection. The type-d,c have a slot cut to allow for air flow.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
I got the Vivi Nova and the "C" thread covers to use on my Twist. I liked them a lot.

When I got the Mini I bought the "B" thread covers. I found that I prefer the "C" on both the Mini and the Nova. I like the fact that it keeps the Twist from sliding through my hand. The flare gives a good reference for where the button is. I wish they made the "C" style with a slightly smaller diameter for the Mini.

struchus -- Are you sure your tube mod has the eGo threads that these thread covers need?

Edit: If you have an eGo or kGo pass-through that has a cover on the bottom for the charge cable you can take the cover off and thread a "C" thread cover on it to form a much more solid base when it is standing!

Last edited:

struckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I got the Vivi Nova and the "C" thread covers to use on my Twist. I liked them a lot.

When I got the Mini I bought the "B" thread covers. I found that I prefer the "C" on both the Mini and the Nova. I like the fact that it keeps the Twist from sliding through my hand. The flare gives a good reference for where the button is. I wish they made the "C" style with a slightly smaller diameter for the Mini.

struchus -- Are you sure your tube mod has the eGo threads that these thread covers need?

Edit: If you have an eGo or kGo pass-through that has a cover on the bottom for the charge cable you can take the cover off and thread a "C" thread cover on it to form a much more solid base when it is standing!

awesome idea about the standing!!

the D style seems like a smaller C style..it has a flare on it..

you had me worried about the mod threads I totally forgot about that..but checked it and it does..phew..

eGo%20T%20Upgrade%2018650%20Battery%20MOD%20controller.jpg

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
awesome idea about the standing!!

the D style seems like a smaller C style..it has a flare on it..

you had me worried about the mod threads I totally forgot about that..but checked it and it does..phew..

I have a half dozen each of the "A", "B", and "C" so I guess I'll have to check out the "D" now. My wife will be so pleased. Lol

Yeah, I wasn't sure which tube mod you were getting. You're Good to GO!

Enjoy!

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
D for the mini.. see photo

View attachment 145980

Those metal tanks look sharp. I have seen them on websites for sale, but wasn't really sure how they would look. I have the larger Nova and I know they have those metal ones for that. DDDDDDAAANNNNGG ITTTTT!!!! :facepalm:

I really gotta quit looking at pictures here. :facepalm: Can't spend anymore $$$ for a while. I really need to go at least a week without spending!!

Mustang73064

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
Mustang, OK
Mustang - I got a black metal tube for one of my mini's, but started to get annoyed when using it as I couldn't tell when my juice was running low. Have you come up with any methods for keeping this in check?

I know what you mean about checking the fluid level. I know I only vape about 2ml a day so it is easy for me to fill it and forget it (and carry a spare setup to work)

lctrc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2010
VA
I didn't notice the lack of slits in the type B before I ordered them, but I've found that to be a blessing in disguise. I use mine as almost an adjustable draw. The tighter I cinch it up on the mini nova the tighter the draw, loosen it a little bit and it opens the draw, depending on what I want at that moment.

The problem with the A and B sleeves is that they have no slits for air draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread