The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

mini vivi ego thread cover help

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by struckus, Oct 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. struckus

struckus Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 24, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    hey guys..i'm wondering what thread cover would do the best on the mini vivi..I have an 18650 tub mod coming in if that matters on the style of thread cover that would do best..

i'm thinking style C would flare too much and is for the larger vivi..style D looks like the right one? it looks like it flares a tiny bit right?

[​IMG]

or would the straight be B style be better?

[​IMG]

thanks in advance!

edit: did some digging and searching and found type D is for mini vivi nova's and type C is for the larger vivi..in case someone else searches for this topic and finds this thread..cheers..

2. Boxster

Boxster Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 4, 2012
    Buda, Tx
    The type-d is the best for the Mini Vivi Nova. The type-c for regular Vivi Nova. The Nova's have an air hole on the 510 connection. The type-d,c have a slot cut to allow for air flow.

3. Dickyg

Dickyg Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 21, 2012
    Uk
    I'm running with D on my mini nova and ego. Looks much better and no loss in efficiency.

4. struckus

Oct 24, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    awesome thanks for confirming guys!

5. Mustang73064

Mustang73064 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2012
    Mustang, OK
    D for the mini.. see photo

mn1.jpg

6. Dickyg

Sep 21, 2012
    Uk
    Mustang - I got a black metal tube for one of my mini's, but started to get annoyed when using it as I couldn't tell when my juice was running low. Have you come up with any methods for keeping this in check?

7. struckus

Oct 24, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    nice! I ordered all silver components but it's nice to switch it up without to much cost

8. X P3 Flight Engineer

X P3 Flight Engineer Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2012
    Moncton, N.B. Canada
    I got the Vivi Nova and the "C" thread covers to use on my Twist. I liked them a lot.

When I got the Mini I bought the "B" thread covers. I found that I prefer the "C" on both the Mini and the Nova. I like the fact that it keeps the Twist from sliding through my hand. The flare gives a good reference for where the button is. I wish they made the "C" style with a slightly smaller diameter for the Mini.

struchus -- Are you sure your tube mod has the eGo threads that these thread covers need?

Edit: If you have an eGo or kGo pass-through that has a cover on the bottom for the charge cable you can take the cover off and thread a "C" thread cover on it to form a much more solid base when it is standing!

9. struckus

Oct 24, 2012
    Ontario, Canada

awesome idea about the standing!!

the D style seems like a smaller C style..it has a flare on it..

you had me worried about the mod threads I totally forgot about that..but checked it and it does..phew..

[​IMG]

10. X P3 Flight Engineer

X P3 Flight Engineer Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2012
    Moncton, N.B. Canada
    I have a half dozen each of the "A", "B", and "C" so I guess I'll have to check out the "D" now. My wife will be so pleased. Lol

Yeah, I wasn't sure which tube mod you were getting. You're Good to GO!

Enjoy!

11. Robino1

Robino1 Resting in Peace ECF Veteran

Those metal tanks look sharp. I have seen them on websites for sale, but wasn't really sure how they would look. I have the larger Nova and I know they have those metal ones for that. DDDDDDAAANNNNGG ITTTTT!!!! :facepalm:

I really gotta quit looking at pictures here. :facepalm: Can't spend anymore $$$ for a while. I really need to go at least a week without spending!!

12. struckus

Oct 24, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    thanks man! although I think I was a little exuberant when I ordered the 18650 mod..lol i'm just a weekend cigar smoker so this normal battery I have would have been good enough..oh well it's on it's way now..

13. Mustang73064

Sep 2, 2012
    Mustang, OK
    I know what you mean about checking the fluid level. I know I only vape about 2ml a day so it is easy for me to fill it and forget it (and carry a spare setup to work)

14. Dickyg

Sep 21, 2012
    Uk
    I am guesstimating as best as I can, just don't want to destroy a head by dry vaping too much. It's only a couple of pounds ifs I do just wondered if anyone had found a way round it.

15. JBnuggs

JBnuggs Full Member Verified Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Denver
    Very nice! Where did you purchase those? I'm having a hard time finding a vendor that carries these

16. Mustang73064

Sep 2, 2012
    Mustang, OK
    found them at got vapes and look what they have now.. metal tanks with windows... :)

stvnova.jpg

17. tc1

tc1 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 26, 2011
    Ohio
    The problem with the A and B sleeves is that they have no slits for air draw.

I too use D for my mini. (plus an ego lanyard that puts even more of a curve finish on the ego)

18. lctrc

lctrc Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 8, 2010
    VA
    I didn't notice the lack of slits in the type B before I ordered them, but I've found that to be a blessing in disguise. I use mine as almost an adjustable draw. The tighter I cinch it up on the mini nova the tighter the draw, loosen it a little bit and it opens the draw, depending on what I want at that moment.

19. JBnuggs

JBnuggs Full Member Verified Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Denver
    Oh I definitely want those! :)

20. sirchunk

sirchunk Unregistered Supplier

Nov 7, 2012
    UK
    [​IMG]

Hi,

What's type F all about?