Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    buy SSA Compote Cherry and SSA Juicy Cherries. Neither one tastes like cough syrup if used at the proper percentages.

So what would the proper percentage ranges be for a straight 1-flavor cherry ejuice using either of those flavors at 50PG?

• Agree
    Reactions: smacuser

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    Also, FA Cherry. It is a red, slightly tart, fresh cherry flavor - not a sweet or dark cherry.

Used together with FA Black Cherry it will make a convincing black cherry.

Those used with either of the SSA cherries will enhance the overall black cherry profile.

FA Vanilla Tahiti will further enhance any cherry flavor. It has cherry and almond notes. The almond note will get covered up by the cherry flavors.

• Agree

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    So what would the proper percentage ranges be for a straight 1-flavor cherry ejuice using either of those flavors at 50PG?
    With either of the SSA cherries I would start at 0.25% - 0.5%.

Add from there in 0.25% increments (to taste).

The SSA cherries are strong flavors.

• Winner

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    SSA also has Ripe Cherry.

See SessionDrummer's notes here: Sobucky Super Aromas (SSA) Series III Single Flavor Tests by SessionDrummer

Search for Ripe Cherry in that thread. He has links to his notes for Compote Cherry and Juicy Cherries.

His recommendation is to start low as well.

"Like most Cherries (please heed my low testing percentages on ALL three Sobucky Cherries), you could go TOO high, and blow your face off. Luckily I've already DONE THAT for you guys years ago, and learned my lessons. In the words of the famous Flavorah Goddess SmokyBlue, "Start Low". I think I saw another review of this one, wherein the tester got some "plastic shower curtain", but it was tested FAR too high @ 2.0%."

I would still start at 0.25% - 0.5% with any of the SSA cherries.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread