Not open for further replies.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Wish I had seen this 10 months ago when I 1st got into DIY!!! I think I have a collection of every type of bottle on the market!

Finding ones for the VG & PG was probably the most difficult. I bought some PET bottles but they’re just too difficult to squeeze comfortably for any length of time. I ended up finding some LDPE bottles from a DIY site that are perfect for me. (Pic attached)

For my nicotine I divide each liter into 250ml Amber Boston Round bottles with poly seal caps. Then into a smaller working bottle.

For my juices I use 30 & 50 ml ldpe bottles with thin tips which are readily available here for next to nothing on Amazon. The tips were a pain in the .... to take off at 1st but small pliers or a butter knife works well. And they work great for dripping as well as making refilling a tank pretty easy.

Oh and amazon also has the 10ml ldpe tester bottles at least here in the states.

I had tried the Chubby Gorillas because of their convenience to carry around. Unfortunately every single one either I couldn’t get the cap off or the outer cap would break off the inner section. Maybe it was a bad batch but it put me off them. Plus I was always knocking them over especially if I was trying to mix in them.

I have a plethora of unused bottles stashed away that I have no use for. It was really confusing finding the ones that work the best. And of course everyone has a different recommendation lol !!

Thanks for this video hopefully it will save some noobies from buying every type of bottle available trying to find the ones that work the best for DIY e juice!!
1AF319C6-301D-4BB0-A428-A021151D6377.png
E09FDE90-26EC-46F0-AC64-AD9829D3AC22.png
012A64E7-403D-4C79-8253-2E2BBEEB5977.jpeg

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
I started out with a lot of blue/brown coloured PET (I don't trust PE with overly aggressive flavors (shortly mentioned in the vid as well)) dropper bottles for mixing and storage. They're easy to (re)fill, but the tips on the >50ml bottles are too big for some liquid fill holes on atomisers, in particular the fill holes in the top gasket of my TFV8 BBB, so I had to fill liquid from my 60ml bottles into the smaller 30ml bottles just to then have something to fill my BBB with. Stupid :ß

So while I still use those bottles for experimental mixes, I also got myself a handful of 120ml Gorilla-type bottles (with really small tips) for juice storage and for everyday filling purposes, plus 2 tall but thin 30ml Gorillas which fit nicely into the sleeves in my portable ecig case. They're not as comfy to refill as the regular PET dropper bottles, but since I don't re/fill them as often, I don't particularly mind.

One thing I learned over time: While PET bottles are rather hard to squeeze when they're new, they do have a mild weak spot in their walls, probably due to the production process, which you can feel with your fingers, and if you keep on pressing that spot when using the bottles, it becomes pretty soft and very easy to squeeze after a while. That was shortly mentioned in the video, too.

Concerning bottles with topcap pipettes:
I considered buying bottles with topcap-integrated pipettes, but even if you're lucky enough to find bottles with pipette tips that are not bulky/round (and therefor largely unsuitable for refilling atomisers), you're still left with the problem that the integrated pipettes are never long enough to reach the bottom of the bottle; just like it was mentioned in the video. What a useless product.

Last edited:

thefogvlog

Jul 23, 2018
I started out with a lot of blue/brown coloured PET (I don't trust PE with overly aggressive flavors (shortly mentioned in the vid as well)) dropper bottles for mixing and storage. They're easy to (re)fill, but the tips on the >50ml bottles are too big for some liquid fill holes on atomisers, in particular the fill holes in the top gasket of my TFV8 BBB, so I had to fill liquid from my 60ml bottles into the smaller 30ml bottles just to then have something to fill my BBB with. Stupid :ß

So while I still use those bottles for experimental mixes, I also got myself a handful of 120ml Gorilla-type bottles (with really small tips) for juice storage and for everyday filling purposes, plus 2 tall but thin 30ml Gorillas which fit nicely into the sleeves in my portable ecig case. They're not as comfy to refill as the regular PET dropper bottles, but since I don't re/fill them as often, I don't particularly mind.

One thing I learned over time: While PET bottles are rather hard to squeeze when they're new, they do have a mild weak spot in their walls, probably due to the production process, which you can feel with your fingers, and if you keep on pressing that spot when using the bottles, it becomes pretty soft and very easy to squeeze after a while. That was shortly mentioned in the video, too.

Concerning bottles with topcap pipettes:
I considered buying bottles with topcap-integrated pipettes, but even if you're lucky enough to find bottles with pipette tips that are not bulky/round (and therefor largely unsuitable for refilling atomisers), you're still left with the problem that the integrated pipettes are never long enough to reach the bottom of the bottle; just like it was mentioned in the video. What a useless product.

It looks like most of the people commenting on this video, on this forum and other forum's are all saying the same thing - there seems to be an all round initial struggle finding the right bottle(s), but then as soon as something changes (New RTA, New Squonk etc) then the struggle starts over again. Time helps here though, we get better at the choices as we go. Thanks for watching the show btw.

Reactions: IDJoel

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
It would be sweet if there was 1 single best go-to product for all purposes. There isn't.

I'd guess, if there were one, it would probably be a moderately colored bottle, soft-PET, with a quick-threaded screw-on (instead of plugin) cap, and a thin dropper tip. This isn't such an unusual combination that noone could've produced it by now :ß

• Agree
Reactions: bombastinator

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
It would be sweet if there was 1 single best go-to product for all purposes. There isn't.

I'd guess, if there were one, it would probably be a moderately colored bottle, soft-PET, with a quick-threaded screw-on (instead of plugin) cap, and a thin dropper tip. This isn't such an unusual combination that noone could've produced it by now :ß

These do exist...in a way. There are artist bottles with (usually metal) fine line tips, but they don't really say what they're made of...a problem for us.

View attachment 794309

I bought some of these a while ago, but can't remember where from. They hold 150 ml. Does anyone know what type of bottle they're called, or where I can buy online in UK?

Try a search for Boston round with Yorker (and/or spout) cap.

Reactions: CrimsonKing
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread