Mixing for a carto

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyfive

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2010
WV
I've been DIY'ing for a few months with moderate success. I've been mixing Lorann's fruit flavors at 12% or so and it tastes fine in an atomizer but it's too faint in a carto. I hate to mix more in because I don't want to hit #8 in hoosier's flavor chart...which I've done before. :)

I recently mixed 10% lorann's banana cream and 3 percent tpa graham cracker. tasted fine in my REO with an atomizer but flavor is non-existent in my sb with carto tank.

I usually mix 10ml in a graduated cylinder and let it sit for a day or two before using it. Any advice for me please? I've got lots of tpa and lorann's flavors to play around with so any general advice would be great too.

YorkieGirl1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2012
Pennsylvania
Although I have read many mixed reviews regarding Lorann on here, I personally LOVE alot of their flavors - many are my favorites! I also have noticed many of my flavorings are muted in my cartos (but this isnt just loranns, this is all the flavoring companys in my opinion). I think the % amount is just what you (or anyone) prefer(s) the most. I use mostly VG so my percentages are usually a little higher because of that (I dont like the taste of PG plus i cough on it), and I also like ALOT of flavoring - i just think it tastes better that way (in my opinion) - I usually use 20% flavoring (even on ones others say they only use like 5%) - so i guess what im trying to say is - its what your taste buds prefer - percentages isnt a law - mix as much as you like until you get to the flavoring you like the most!! =)

NaturesEncore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Chicago
momsfortress.com
I typically use cartos and mix between 20-30% flavoring. The percentages vary from flavor to flavor, as well as brand to brand. I keep a journal of recipes, and start at 20%, then work my way up from there.

If you're only letting them steep for a day or two, then that may be the culprit. It typically takes 1-2 weeks, some times more for all the flavorings to completely and evenly dispurse into the carrier bases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread