Mixing Math

Status
Not open for further replies.

TotesBananas

Mar 2, 2018
Hey All,

Sure this has been done at some point, trying to tinker with an ejuice (relative newb here) I made and wanted to change the flavor profile a bit. Basically had a 10ML bottle that had 9ML base nicotine solution (70/30), ie 90% and 1ML of flavor broken up into A,B, C, and D. These flavors were represented at 2%, 2%, 2%, and 4% respectively, (or .2ml, .2ml, .2ml, .4ml). I drew out 2ML of the overall solution and decided flavors C and D were too strong, while flavors A and B were too weak. If, I want to bring the solution back to 10ML while changing the percentages to around A:2.5%, B:2.5%, C:1.5%, and D:3% - what are the amounts of flavor needed for A and B within the 2ML I'm adding back to the original solution?

Aaaaand is there a formula that works here so I can figure this out on my own next time?

I'm guestimating I need about .06 or .07ml within the solution, but that's just with my eye balls and logic.

TotesBananas

Mar 2, 2018
Snick, appreciated but this seemed too complicated to figure out how to backwards plug this into the calculator.

AzP, those numbers seem to make sense, and I think I see how I can use this formula going forward, thank you. And you're saying basically that C and D will be at 1.6 and 3.2% naturally lowered by the new 2ML I'm putting in, correct?

Thanks again both of you!

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread