The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Mixing Math

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by TotesBananas, Mar 2, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. TotesBananas

TotesBananas New Member

Mar 2, 2018
    Hey All,

Sure this has been done at some point, trying to tinker with an ejuice (relative newb here) I made and wanted to change the flavor profile a bit. Basically had a 10ML bottle that had 9ML base nicotine solution (70/30), ie 90% and 1ML of flavor broken up into A,B, C, and D. These flavors were represented at 2%, 2%, 2%, and 4% respectively, (or .2ml, .2ml, .2ml, .4ml). I drew out 2ML of the overall solution and decided flavors C and D were too strong, while flavors A and B were too weak. If, I want to bring the solution back to 10ML while changing the percentages to around A:2.5%, B:2.5%, C:1.5%, and D:3% - what are the amounts of flavor needed for A and B within the 2ML I'm adding back to the original solution?

Aaaaand is there a formula that works here so I can figure this out on my own next time?

I'm guestimating I need about .06 or .07ml within the solution, but that's just with my eye balls and logic.

2. TotesBananas

TotesBananas New Member

Mar 2, 2018
    And I understand that flavors C and D will drop to whatever they drop to since I can't deduct/extract them from the initial solution, probably around 1.7% and 3.2% respectively?

3. Snicks

Snicks Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 7, 2013
    Riverside, CA
    Why not use a e juice calculator? I just change my % in it and see the difference and then adjust accordingly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. AzPlumber

AzPlumber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2011
    Arizona
    Right now in your 8ml mix your flavors are:
    a,b & c .2ml x .8 = .16ml
    d .4ml x .8 = 3.2ml.

Add for each
    a (2.5%) .25 - .16 = .09ml
    b (2.5%) .25 - .16 = .09ml
    c (1.5%) .15 - .16 = already 1.6%
    d (3%) .30 - .32 = already 3.2%
    balance nic base to 10ml

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. TotesBananas

TotesBananas New Member

Mar 2, 2018
    Snick, appreciated but this seemed too complicated to figure out how to backwards plug this into the calculator.

AzP, those numbers seem to make sense, and I think I see how I can use this formula going forward, thank you. And you're saying basically that C and D will be at 1.6 and 3.2% naturally lowered by the new 2ML I'm putting in, correct?

Thanks again both of you!

• Like Like x 1
  6. AzPlumber

AzPlumber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2011
    Arizona
    Yes

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.