Mixing Nic From Different Vendors

Status
Not open for further replies.

G and C

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
California
Nicotine storage has been somewhat of a hot topic lately, and as I've been evaluating my storage setup, one of the things I've been wanting to do is to finish topping off some amber bottles that aren't quite full of nicotine and have too much headspace for my liking. My question is: would there be a problem with mixing the same strength nicotine from different vendors? If I have a 8oz. bottle with 7oz. of MFS 100mg nic, can I add another oz. of River Supply or Heartland Vapes 100mg nic to it without causing any kind of weird damage to it or affecting the long term storage quality?

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I have done this at times. I would say it's no problem provided the nic is all in the same base (PG or VG).

If the bases are different, the stuff will still mix just fine, but you'll have a hard time doing PG/VG ratio calculations when you go to use the nic.

G and C

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
California
I have done this at times. I would say it's no problem provided the nic is all in the same base (PG or VG).

If the bases are different, the stuff will still mix just fine, but you'll have a hard time doing PG/VG ratio calculations when you go to use the nic.

Thanks Rossum, I kinda figured that's the answer I would get, but I try not to assume too often. They are all 50/50 mixes, so I'm thinking I'll be ok.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
The amount of time the bottles have had that headspace would be a factor. If the bottles had sat for say a year in that state, most likely all the available oxygen in that headspace would have reacted with the nic and oxidation would have stopped. Introducing new air when topping off would add a bit more available oxygen. That's nitpicking though.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
The amount of time the bottles have had that headspace would be a factor. If the bottles had sat for say a year in that state, most likely all the available oxygen in that headspace would have reacted with the nic and oxidation would have stopped.
If they've been sitting at room temperature, I would agree. But in a freezer, not so much.

G and C

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
California
The amount of time the bottles have had that headspace would be a factor. If the bottles had sat for say a year in that state, most likely all the available oxygen in that headspace would have reacted with the nic and oxidation would have stopped. Introducing new air when topping off would add a bit more available oxygen. That's nitpicking though.

Interesting. I hadn't thought about it that way. They've been in a freezer that sits at -10F, in amber bottles, in a cardboard box, for no more than a few months. Is it even worth doing then? Or should I just let it ride and fill new bottles better than I filled the old ones with the nic I have on the way?

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Interesting. I hadn't thought about it that way. They've been in a freezer that sits at -10F, in amber bottles, in a cardboard box, for no more than a few months. Is it even worth doing then? Or should I just let it ride and fill new bottles better than I filled the old ones with the nic I have on the way?
Since it's pretty harmless and only costs a little time, it comes down to whether it gives you peace of mind. Nice and cold so you're in good shape either way!

Reactions: Rossum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread