Not open for further replies.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Battery spring mod: It really doesn't get much better than this
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...mechanical-mod-ggts-clone-60.html#post9877791
axis in paint.jpg

Last edited:

Slartibartfast

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta, GA
No, it's not the machine oil taste. It's almost a plastic taste that just masking the juice. Yes, DIY is definately the way to go; I keep saying I'll get around to it. Thanks for the advice, I think I'll try to salvage the juice, and give gently burning the ceramic a try.

dwcraig1 is correct, be careful torching the thin V2 ceramic. And I would recommend picking up some spares as they are cheep. Get them from stormy's or from COV (V2 ceramic for Odysseus). I assume you boiled all the parts in water (excluding the o-rings). As for the ceramic I know this sounds crazy but I boil (more like simmer) my ceramics in milk, followed by a quick wash to get any milk film off and then another quick boil in water. The only other thing I can think of is to torch your silica in a blue flame until it glows orange. Even after all this a brand new coil still tastes a little off to me until it gets broken in (1ml of juice vaped through it), but it should not taste like plastic.

Slartibartfast

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Ok first I'm sorry if I'm hijacking the thread but this is MKB related...let me explain. Vapor-Freak is having a pre-sale discount for the Hercules (Ithaka clone). It's going for 59.00€ right now so after shipping it came to $79.90 to Atlanta, GA. Now they have pictures of the parts and also mounted on a Smyrna1 (MKB-TS). It looks like they have included a MKB-TS base for it that connects to the collector tank. Hope they finally got it right. If the quality is the same as the Terminator and Euforia then 80 bucks shipped is not such a bad deal.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
QUOTE: "So all this talk about the battery spring got me to do a little mod on the axis.
Here's what I did, I used a diamond bit in my Dremel clone and ground out the first 2 1/2 threads out of the axis so those 3 coils that still stick out can collapse into the axis giving it the same connection as if there were no spring at all while still maintaining some tension on the battery so it doesn't become loose as easily. I've been thinking about for awhile now, I'll see how it goes before doing it to my other one"

Well I was so pleased with how well this simple modification worked that I applied it to my other MKB

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Ok first I'm sorry if I'm hijacking the thread but this is MKB related...let me explain. Vapor-Freak is having a pre-sale discount for the Hercules (Ithaka clone). It's going for 59.00€ right now so after shipping it came to $79.90 to Atlanta, GA. Now they have pictures of the parts and also mounted on a Smyrna1 (MKB-TS). It looks like they have included a MKB-TS base for it that connects to the collector tank. Hope they finally got it right. If the quality is the same as the Terminator and Euforia then 80 bucks shipped is not such a bad deal.
Hijack all you want with that kind of info

deezdrama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
illinois
So whats this modification do? Gets a better connection by letting the spring collapse enough to where the battery touches the actual brass spring housing? Will this noticeably lower voltage drop? Or is there a different reason for this mod?

QUOTE: "So all this talk about the battery spring got me to do a little mod on the axis.
Here's what I did, I used a diamond bit in my Dremel clone and ground out the first 2 1/2 threads out of the axis so those 3 coils that still stick out can collapse into the axis giving it the same connection as if there were no spring at all while still maintaining some tension on the battery so it doesn't become loose as easily. I've been thinking about for awhile now, I'll see how it goes before doing it to my other one"

Well I was so pleased with how well this simple modification worked that I applied it to my other MKB

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I couldn't resist, now there are 9 left for pre-sale at that price
It will be interesting to see if all parts interchange with Ithaka like Term and Oddy

Last edited:

Vince159

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2012
Citrus Heights, CA USA
I couldn't resist, now there are 9 left for pre-sale at that price
It will be interesting to see if all parts interchange with Ithaka like Term and Oddy

They've got them now, for 79 Euro. I don't see anything about the pre-sale price. I wonder if there was a coupon code or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread