The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

ML per day question

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Classic vaper, Oct 2, 2019.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Classic vaper

Classic vaper Full Member

Jan 12, 2019
    I have always vaped anywhere between 15-20mls of juice a day. Three weeks ago I finally convinced my brother to switch from cigs to a mesh tank vape kit. He vapes anywhere between 45-55mls of juice per day. Should I be concerned about it? He is doing fine, bit it seems like a bit much. What do you guys think?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    ~5 ml / day here.

In my view, the more liquid a person vapes, the more "stuff" (PG, VG, flavorings) they're exposed to. Is that bad? Nobody really knows.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  3. greek mule

greek mule Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2018
    Athens,Greece
    How much mg/ml nicotine?Although Nicotine intake tends to be self-regulating. Your body lets you know when you need more and it also lets you know when you took in too much too fast.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. lopenator

lopenator Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    New York
    I vape about 20 ml/day as well. This is because I subohm and use RDAs. Also because I'm vaping 2mg

• Like Like x 1
  5. jandrew

jandrew Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2013
    Winnipeg
    I don't know ... you vape 3+ times my 5ml/day, should I be worried about you?

I'm not trying to be facetious (well, not entirely). It does seem excessive, but to me, so does your consumption. We just don't know, but logic would suggest that higher volumes of juice vaped may equate with increased risk (but likely still less than smoking cigarettes).

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. AngeNZ

AngeNZ Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    If he is knocking off smoking, by vaping, then I'd expect his initial few weeks to a month or so, would be a case of 'chain vaping to get the ciggys out of my system'

That's how it was for me at least. I damn near vaped in my sleep during that first week ;)

But if you are concerned - have a look at his nic level, he made need a higher nic level while transitioning, which would drop his overall consumption a bit.

I vape about 5ml a day now of 10mg mtl. When I quit, I vaped up to 10mls a day of 18mg mtl. I'd dropped that down to 7mls after a month

• Like Like x 6
  7. Haktuspit

Haktuspit Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    I vape around 7-8 ml a day on 6mg/ml juice.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Topwater Elvis

Topwater Elvis Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    As with anything, the devil is in the dose.

I range between 5ml - 10ml per day, no matter the method used to vape.

20ml ~ 55ml per day certainly seems extreme to me.

To directly answer your question with my opinion, yes, I'd be very concerned if a loved one vaped 20+ mis per day.

Vaping = less harmful than inhaling the known toxins & carcinogens cigarette smoke contains, not harmless or without risk.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. markfm

markfm Aussie Pup Wrangler Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I vape 30 ml/day of 2 mg, around 30 - 35w, though was at 3mg for some time.

Back when I first started vaping I only used 6 ml/day, but at 24mg with a bit of 30. Power was only around 5w then

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    A lot will depend on the atty. I have heard mesh tanks drink the juice.
    Hope he DIYs.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  11. fiddleshe

fiddleshe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    I vape 20 ml day. I also subohm and chain vape. It depends on a lot of factors.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. vaper1960

vaper1960 Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I only vape 4 ml a day but it's 12mg nic (3 ml of 18mg when I first quit cigs)

• Like Like x 2
  13. AngeNZ

AngeNZ Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Holy moly that wouldn't give you a cloud or even a puff of smoke - maybe a whisper :lol:

• Like Like x 2
  14. markfm

markfm Aussie Pup Wrangler Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Old school kr808d-1 and 510 and....

180 - 360 mAh max, single battery, cartos were 3+ ohms

Ahhh, the good ole daze

Somehow we stopped smoking, and stayed stopped

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    I think it's excessive... I tend to vape defensively and try to minimize the amount of vapor going into my lungs. Usually <5 ml.

Maybe he could up his nic and decrease the amounts of eliquid. Just a suggestion.

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. *RJ*

*RJ* Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    I vape 3 mg at about 10 ml per day. I vaped a lot when I first started. It was fun and I was excited to quit smoking. I started at 24 mg...:shock: I had more than my share of dizziness in the beginning.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Cool_Breeze

Cool_Breeze Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2011
    Kentucky

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Alien Traveler

Alien Traveler Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 3, 2014
    United States
    All the juice ends in lungs of a vaper. Lungs are pretty delicate thing. You can eat oil or (if you wish) sand dust with no real consequences for your stomach. Inhaling them will harm your lungs. VG and PG are pretty harmless as food additives, but what about inhaling them? Not much known. And I am sure at least some of flavors are not good for lungs. So, lower daily juice consumption - better chances for lungs. Better to increase nicotine content than to go through too much juice.

• Agree Agree x 6
  19. fiddleshe

fiddleshe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Not me I dont inhale.

20. Jebbn

Jebbn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2018
    Australia