The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

ML per day question

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Classic vaper, Oct 2, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. vapdivrr

vapdivrr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    I love posts like, "it's their choice and it doesn't matter" . Or " live and let live, they know what's best" . If everyone said that on every post , it would all be the same, always. I can sit here and say the same old blah blah blah , just staying with the majority for likes, but I have an opinion. I dont ever tell anyone how to vape or try and change anything , it's just my opinion and that's what this is about, not just sitting back saying all the agreeable things so others side with you.....thread asked if vaping 50 mls a day is too much and imo it is. Theres always got to be at least one in a thread that has the same old agreeable attitude that turns around and makes it look like posts with honest opinions are the bad ones...

• Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Zaryk

Zaryk Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    If you're referring to my previous post, then I will say this. I didn't post it for likes. I couldn't care if someone liked it or hated it. I'm not here to make friends. I've never cared what people think of me, especially people on the internet. Like me or hate me, I'm still going to do my thing.

What I said was it is ultimately not up to anyone other than the guy using 50ml per day. He is his own man, and can make his own mind up. If it helps him stop smoking, great. There is time after that for him to worry about how much juice he is using, quiting the cigarettes is more important and should be the biggest deciding factor on it for now.

Until we get some real scientific info, we can't really say "if you vape X amount of juice, that is bad." Nobody knows where that threshold truely is. Maybe vaping small amounts of juice MTL could end up being worse than large amounts DL, maybe vice versa, nobody can say yet. There are so many factors in play here, it will be a long time before we could see a definitive answer. What I can say is that science defies logic quite a bit, so there is no telling what the truth could end up being.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    Sola dosis facit venenum.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. fiddleshe

fiddleshe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    In english?

5. kross8

kross8 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2016
    Seabrook Texas
    The dose makes the poison

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  6. Zaryk

Zaryk Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    Under normal circumstances, I would agree. But there are more factors to consider. Heat, airflow, amount of time it's in your body, ect. Just too many factors in play to know anything for certain yet. Eventually we might figure it out, but for now there is no certainty. For all I know maybe running multiple coils is more dangerous than singles. Maybe not. Without true research we can only assume. And we all know what they say about assuming...

• Like Like x 2
  7. Tabac man

Tabac man Super Member

May 24, 2019
    London
    Between 6-10ml a day at 3mg nic. DIY mixes between 1% and 2.5% flavouring.

I do believe some of these flavourings will 'get' us. I was in a new vape shop the other day and the guy was going 'Taste this....and taste this...'' Put little drops of 0 nic on my hand to taste. I must say it was all lush. Fantastic. Like eating a cake or whatever. I was like ''That tastes fantastic man but I wouldn't put it anywhere near my lungs''. Way way too much flavourings. I consider 10ml for me is a lot and going up in nic strength just doesn't work for me. I'll still vape the same amount.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Myrany

Myrany Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 14, 2013
    Louisiana
    It totally depends on what setup I am using. A RM2 on a old school REO one 6 mL bottle will last nearly all day. The Blotto set up dual clapton on an Alien. Yeah 3-4 times as much eliquid in the course of a day.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  9. DarrenMG

DarrenMG Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 9, 2015
    At this point, maybe 2mls of nic salts, and 2-3mls of freebase nicotine or none on some days.

I use to suck through e-juice, but the nic salt is what actually fixes my craving, so a 30ml bottle for $12 can last a week or two.

It has been said before, but where most vapers struggle is getting enough nicotine. I wouldn't be in any rush to lower the dose until ready, and if you burning through bottles, consider a higher dose to satisfy the craving.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. kross8

kross8 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2016
    Seabrook Texas
    There is the hand to mouth habit to consider,, 35 years of smoking while in deep thought/working/studying is not the easiest thing to stop. Many of us never intended or even thought it was possible to drop nicotine down to 0-3mg, but over time it naturally happened as taste buds healed up. Then there is an odd thing that can happen stopping some from going back up the nicotine scale,,,, its called night shade intolerance.

My point its not a black &white subject

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. DarrenMG

DarrenMG Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 9, 2015
    @kross8 - entirely agree, and such a valid point.

The hand to mouth habit is a factor too. Ultimately figuring it out is what matters.

I am increasingly using a pod, Smok Novo 2, because of that hand to mouth factor. My older mods are getting less use, though they do get use too.

Whatever works for each person.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  12. fiddleshe

fiddleshe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Ive been a chain smoker for as long as I can remember and I became a chain vaper. I realized I didnt need the high nic just the hand to mouth so I weaned down from 24 mg to 5. Going to go down to 3 soon.

• Like Like x 6
  13. kates

kates Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 20, 2014
    United Kingdom
    3-4 ml a day, 9mg, 8W (started at 28mg, 3-4ml nearly 7 years ago). I vape mainly unflavoured, occasionally a few drops of flavouring. I love the taste of nicotine. I may drop a bit further, may not - but won't go to 0mg. Unflavoured high PG/ no nicotine is not great and I can't see the point of substituting nicotine with inferior (to my taste buds) flavours. Level of nicotine is not something I am particularly concerned about - I do personally aim for higher nicotine/ lower ml vaped rather than lower nic/ higher ml.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Electrodave

Electrodave Cool Vapor Cool Vaper

Supporting member
    Apr 9, 2019
    Denver, CO
    I vape all day and night, and go through about 5ml a day of my DIY--15mg/ml salt nic, 97vg/2V/1 flavor. I've always DL'd (I toke on the vape), but always at low power, usually 9-15W.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.