Status
Not open for further replies.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I suggest when a person first starts vaping that they do it however it works for them. High nic, low nic, chain vaping, whatever.

Once they kick the smokes, that’s when they can start fiddling with more nic/less juice different devices and so on.

For me, mtl did satisfy for a while (24 mg/ml x 4-5 mls a day) but I needed to switch to dl and I use more juice (6-8 mls x 6 mgs/ml) but at lower nic levels- still, less nic than I started, and I don’t feel like I need to chain vape all day, but I can vape as much as I want without overloading.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
I vape 30-50mls day,,, 0-3mg nic,,, started at 24mg,,, 25-32 watts @ 20-25 ohms was 2 packs a day 35 years

My husband,,, 1-2mls a day on a Zero pod (we have a lot of nice gear,,, & he converts with a pod!!!!! :)

My point,, vaping is like shoes,,, do what works for you

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Madone! 50mls a day? I see alot of posts asking what nic level he vapes and i personally think , what's nic have to do with vaping 50mls a day? I also see a few posts stating they vape 20 to 30, but only use 3mg, so again, what's nic percentage have to do with the amount of juice one is inhaling? It reminds me when folks say cigarettes contain nic and believe nic to be the worse substance in cigarettes and obviously has trickled down to vaping. I guess people feel nic is the worse thing in vaping too, so they seem to feel as long as their nic level is like 3mg, it doesn't matter how much you vape. I really get a kick when someone says I started vaping 2mls at 24mg, but now i only vape 30mls at 3mg, like that's an accomplishment.....i dont care what mg of nic is in your juice, vaping 30 plus mls a day is an absolute love affair with your juice. Still better than smoking, but how does one even vape 50mls a day, is he vaping and sleeping?

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
Madone! 50mls a day? I see alot of posts asking what nic level he vapes and i personally think , what's nic have to do with vaping 50mls a day? I also see a few posts stating they vape 20 to 30, but only use 3mg, so again, what's nic percentage have to do with the amount of juice one is inhaling? It reminds me when folks say cigarettes contain nic and believe nic to be the worse substance in cigarettes and obviously has trickled down to vaping. I guess people feel nic is the worse thing in vaping too, so they seem to feel as long as their nic level is like 3mg, it doesn't matter how much you vape. I really get a kick when someone says I started vaping 2mls at 24mg, but now i only vape 30mls at 3mg, like that's an accomplishment.....i dont care what mg of nic is in your juice, vaping 30 plus mls a day is an absolute love affair with your juice. Still better than smoking, but how does one even vape 50mls a day, is he vaping and sleeping?
Chain vaping , & I think some atomizer are not as "fuel efficient'. I have a SMM Serpent that is a drunk,, goes through the juice!

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
On the other side of it, I think its funny someone using 2or 3+ml of 18mg-50mg a day. I cant wrap my head around how that is possible or even enjoyable......and I started out quitting using 8ml of 18mg and 24mg nic. :D Now it would absolutely slay me energy wise and make fell sick as well.
I just think some people have a lower tolerance for nic, a lot in lower dosages is palatable for them where as someone with a higher tolerance can use less in a higher dosage. People are like that with different medications also. Some need a small dose multiple times a day and some can take it all in one hit.

Me, I vape direct lung and use 3.6ml a day @3mg. 11-14w @180c-195c using a single SS316L 28ga .55ohm to .75ohm coil
Its physically impossible for me to vape more than 5or 6ml a day with that set up and those parameters.
Over the course of a day I use nearly 11mg total on average. If I was to use 11mg juice. one or two puffs would turn my stomach and over the course of the day I would develop a bad case of stinging gums. So I spread the 11mg out in lower dosage.
Everyone is different and has different reasons for the way they vape, sometimes without knowing why they vape the way they do. Its just instinctive self medicating, perhaps.

Last edited:

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I have always vaped anywhere between 15-20mls of juice a day. Three weeks ago I finally convinced my brother to switch from cigs to a mesh tank vape kit. He vapes anywhere between 45-55mls of juice per day. Should I be concerned about it? He is doing fine, bit it seems like a bit much. What do you guys think?

Maybe he should up the nicotine content in his juice a little. He might be vaping more because he's not getting enough nicotine. That's how it works for me anyway.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
On the other side of it, I think its funny someone using 2or 3+ml of 18mg-50mg a day. I cant wrap my head around how that is possible or even enjoyable......and I started out quitting using 8ml of 18mg and 24mg nic. :D Now it would absolutely slay me energy wise and make fell sick as well.
I just think some people have a lower tolerance for nic, a lot in lower dosages is palatable for them where as someone with a higher tolerance can use less in a higher dosage. People are like that with different medications also. Some need a small dose multiple times a day and some can take it all in one hit.

Me, I vape direct lung and use 3.6ml a day @3mg. 11-14w @180c-195c using a single SS316L 28ga .55ohm to .75ohm coil
Its physically impossible for me to vape more than 5or 6ml a day with that set up and those parameters.
Over the course of a day I use nearly 11mg total on average. If I was to use 11mg juice. one or two puffs would turn my stomach and over the course of the day I would develop a bad case of stinging gums. So I spread the 11mg out in lower dosage.
Everyone is different and has different reasons for the way they vape, sometimes without knowing why they vape the way they do. Its just instinctive self medicating, perhaps.
I hear you, high nic is definitely harsh for most, so I can definitely see lower nic at a higher consumption, but if your vaping a whole 30ml bottle or more a day imo you need a bit more nic. I still believe if that's the only way to keep from smoking that's best, but it kind of reminds me of someone that would rather smoke 20 packs of carlton ultra lights than 1 pack of marlboros per day....

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Chain vaping , & I think some atomizer are not as "fuel efficient'. I have a SMM Serpent that is a drunk,, goes through the juice!
You know that's very true and I didnt really think about that .. I have one rta that guzzles twice as much as others

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I never have understood how cloud size matters. My setup at about 4.5 watts gives me a satisfying vape and produces a bit more vaper than a long drag on a cigarette. I've never needed more, about 9ml @ 9mg per day. My vapor looking about like a cigarette may come in handy as vaping is demonized while smoking is OK.

I do have some tasty (and thirsty!) mesh subohm vapes at times at home but to me that's more like dessert than the main course.

If one does inhale, the less volume inhaled the better. If one only puffs, the sky's the limit, or maybe the pocketbook!

Reactions: Electrodave

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I vary my consumption quite a bit. My mood and what activities I'm doing that day plays a big role in it. Recently I have been running a .4 ohm coil and using about 10ml per day. A few weeks ago I was running a .18 ohm coil and going through 20+ml. The juice I use is always 3mg, that's what I started with and never needed more nic than that. (The reason I mention ohms is because I run mechs, so that number is very relevant to the power output)

If it takes 50ml a day for them to break the smoking habit, then that's what it takes. After they finally free themselves of the desires for a smoke, then they can worry about adjusting their consumption and nic levels to a more manageable level. The main focus should be stopping cigarettes first and foremost.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I started at 24mg back in 2010 and vaped a couple of eGo tanks a day. These days it's 3mg nic strength and I usually vape 8ml juice a day (two 4ml Kayfun tanks). I'm considering raising my nic level and vaping less. I'd like to be at a level that lets me have a vape every 30 minutes.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Thankfully I've been vaping enough years to not really care what others think.

If I was a new person stumbling across this thread I'd hope to see:

"Vape whatever mg and ml you need to to not smoke. Later on you can figure out if you want to adjust things. Over time some people increase amount, some decrease, some stop vaping entirely (without picking up smokng again). Our common goal is to stay off smoking, and we've found that vaping lets us do this."

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ

"Vape whatever mg and ml you need to to not smoke. Later on you can figure out if you want to adjust things. Over time some people increase amount, some decrease, some stop vaping entirely (without picking up smokng again). Our common goal is to stay off smoking, and we've found that vaping lets us do this."
Perfect

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio

Exactly. And I don’t get why some of them have to repeatedly comment about other people’s preferences as if their opinion should matter to us. Don’t like clouds? Don’t make clouds. Don’t like 59mg/ml? Nobody is telling you you have to vape it.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Exactly. And I don’t get why some of them have to repeatedly comment about other people’s preferences as if their opinion should matter to us. Don’t like clouds? Don’t make clouds. Don’t like 59mg/ml? Nobody is telling you you have to vape it.
I just assume that those people that believe they know what is best for others to do either have too much time on their hands or have a god complex that they need to exercise by telling others what they need to do and what is best for them. I believe these people should always be taken with a grain of salt. If someone wants to vape 100+ml a day, they should be free to do so. If they want to eat raw steaks and drink nothing but beer, more power to them. It's their body and it's their choice.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
You know that's very true and I didnt really think about that .. I have one rta that guzzles twice as much as others
I just thought about it,, but my current fav squonk atty Vaux seems to vape after I take a drag,,. It has large air holes with a bit of a well n the interior design,. So after I take a drag,,, it looks like its taking 1 too. She is also a drunk with eliquid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread