Status
Not open for further replies.

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
I found this in the gutter on a walk one day. Took it apart lightly and it was kind of messed up inside (was fixable but I don't play guitar). I'm curious if this would be a good tube to make a mod with.

The piece in the third picture screws into the piece on the right in the middle picture. I doubt it would be useful for the mod but figured it can't hurt to post it. The tube itself is aluminum I think (it won't hold a magnet).

I believe a 14500 battery would fit in this tube?

Any suggestions/advice? I'd like it to be a 510 or eGo connector to work with the equipment I have. I'm guessing a 3.7v would be the most straight forward? Would a VV be possible in it?

edit:

If I were to follow this guide, would all the pieces fit / is this a good idea?

How to Build a 5 Volt 510 Box Mod

I would need a set of parts similar to this?

3mm Clear/White LED
Push Button Switch, Red
510 Battery Connector, Silver Small Hole
Mini Pre Cut Interconnect Circuit Board
LDO 5 volt, 3.0 amp Regulator with Control Pin

I'm not sure what I need for battery connections/springs? or any other extra bits and pieces.

Can I just go with the 510-eGo adapter instead of the 510 battery connector?

510 Battery to eGo Atomizer Adapter

batteries?

Ultrafire Protected 14500 Battery, 900 mAh x2
TrustFire TR-001 Lithium Ion Battery Charger

Last edited:

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
Tried with a AA NiMh and it'll make it in about 3cm on one side and hit a little lip they left inside. It'll only go about 1cm on the other side (the end of the threads).

:(

Unless there is a way I can easily bore down the inside about 1-2 mm.

I've got a few dead/broken AA maglites lying around too, since these are designed to hold AA would that be a good base?

Would a 10440 be an option? Or are they just too meager for any use?

http://www.madvapes.com/Protected-Trustfire-10440-Battery-350-mAh_p_2470.html

Only an estimated 350mAh which is tiny

would this one be a safe choice?

http://www.lazerpoint.com/p-genuine...0440-rechargeable-li-ion-battery-blue_2801190

600mAh

My 650mAh PT lasts me all day.

Oddly enough, the end cap for a AA maglite fits on the tube perfectly. Could this be of any use?

It looks like there is a good amount of room in there with a AAA added and the maglite cap on one side, but probably not enough to fit in a 5V regulator.

With the maglite cap there looks to be about a 1cm, without it and just using the regular cap its around 2cm.

Last edited:

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
Well if you managed to bore out the lip would it be long enough with the caps on the ends? If yes then you could likely get the connector set into the smaller end and a switch on the other. I would pass on the 10440m quite meager. For that regulator you need two cells and getting just the one to fit with the rest would be fortunate enough.

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
If I were to bore it out I think it would have just barely enough room for the PCB and its components. I think that I found an appropriate Tap that would widen it to the same size as the threads (the ones which the battery can pass).

I think a 3.7v would be much more likely, just less components overall.

Though now I really want build a mod

:)

Going to keep an eye out around the house for a good sized tube.

edit:

A 3.7v mod based on 10440s I posted above should work right?

At the moment I'm not too worried about it being top of the line (I don't expect much of my first mod), but I still want to go through with it.

Also found this button, which would have a dual job of indicator LED and button:

Drill hole diameter: 16mm
Switch rating: 3A / 250VDC
Switch contacts: 1 NO, 1 NC
Material: Chrome plated brass
Grade: IP40/IP67
Contact resistance: < 50 mOhm
Insulation resistance: > 1000 Mohm
Temperature: -20 C to +55 C
Mechanical life: > 500,000
Electrical life: > 50,000
Panel thickness: 1-13mm
Operating pressure: 1.5 - 2.5 N
Operating stroke: 2mm
Lamp rated voltage: 6V

16mm should thread into the tube itself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread