• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

mod for beginners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
My friend is keen to introduce his father to vaping in an attempt to wean him off cigarettes. He's currently putting down about a box a day.
I'd discussed it with my friend and given that his father's an absolute newbie who's never even heard of vaping, I'd like to make the process as simple and accessible for him as possible.
I was considering a cheap starter kit like one of the cheaper regulated tube mod beginner kits. Coils can be easily swapped out when worn out and I can provide him with a variety of juices to try.
Can anyone make some recommendations? Getting the mod won't be a problem, I'll have my means. Thanks.

Snoogans

Verified Member
Jul 21, 2016
Silly question: I recently took to vaping. It's been about a month and I've stopped cigarettes completely which is a good thing. In this first month I've been using some menthol ejuice and at first, the throat hit was harsh. Very harsh. Took a week to get used to and a lot of trial and error in terms of finding the right wattage for comfortable vaping. Not using TC and am using wattage ard the 40 watt range. Nothing has changed much in the past month but I'm noticing that the hits are not nearly as harsh as when I first started vaping. No coughing fits. Am I just getting used to it or was there a "break in" period for my mod? or maybe the ejuice needed some shaking up when refilling my tank to make sure proper mixture?

As you can see I'm quite the noob but am just curious if this is a common noob experience or if I'm not doing it right.

chia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2014
Red Dot
Silly question: I recently took to vaping. It's been about a month and I've stopped cigarettes completely which is a good thing. In this first month I've been using some menthol ejuice and at first, the throat hit was harsh. Very harsh. Took a week to get used to and a lot of trial and error in terms of finding the right wattage for comfortable vaping. Not using TC and am using wattage ard the 40 watt range. Nothing has changed much in the past month but I'm noticing that the hits are not nearly as harsh as when I first started vaping. No coughing fits. Am I just getting used to it or was there a "break in" period for my mod? or maybe the ejuice needed some shaking up when refilling my tank to make sure proper mixture?

As you can see I'm quite the noob but am just curious if this is a common noob experience or if I'm not doing it right.
No need to follow the setups of others.. To be safe just keep between .5 - 1 ohm setups. To each his own, different ppl will 'lean' towards a certain setup to his preference according to wick coil juice types.. So no need to be too concern if you do it differently..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread