Total noob, beginner. Help welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texel

Oct 31, 2015
Hey guys, so this is my first post and I'm very very new. Loads of information up in here and kinda confused with most, but I'll get the hang on it eventually.

I'm a total beginner, tried vaping from a friends friend awhile back a couple of times and it got me interested, so here i am. And im an analog smoker too, so i hope I'll cut down on smoking and save more moneyy.

My first post to 20, to get verified, so i hope i can get all the help i need here.

Just a general question, or suggestion, if advice were to be given, for a total beginner like myself, what kind of starter kit is recommended? Or any other beginner info, just to get started. Just to get started.

Thank you!

XeniaVaper

Aug 13, 2015
kangertech subox kit. Plus a couple Samsung 25r 18650 batteries.
that would be a good setup. VW device up to 50 watts, on board charging, manufacturers warranty, the included track Congress with 1.5 and.5 ohm could, with an rba option when you get to that point, and adjustable airflow works well with deep lung hits, or mouth to lung, and the 4(.5?) ml capacity should last you quite a while between refills. 50 watts will give quite a bit of room to grow into, and many don't even push that far.
I have this kit, after a few others and am quite happy with the mod. I enjoyed the tank as well, for the time I used it, but personally I prefer a dripper, but not gonna recommend that for a noob. Setup should run you about $70. Someone is probably gonna recommend you get an external charger as well, such as nitecore d2.
the istick, also comes highly recommended, but is a"throwaway" mod due to built in battery, which will fail within a year of regular use(they all will, but with replaceable batteries like the kanger it is not a big deal). I stick comes on 10,20,30,40,100 watts and 40 watt temp control. I have a 20 as my backup.

XeniaVaper

Aug 13, 2015
ooh...i have issues with linking on my phone, so I can't give you the links, but @Mooch has provided us with some great battery safety information, you should check his blog and read up. Basically, don't skimp out on batteries. Buy good batteries, such as the ones I recommended, and don't buy from eBay. Lots of fakes going around. This is important, and is why people blow their face off. You do not want to stress your battery under any circumstance. Illumn.com is a recommended battery source, the sandys I mentioned are $5 so no reason to try to be cheapo, anyway.
I would recommend you go to a b&m store to try out some juice, and find one that you like, even if you plan on ordering that online, there are a lot of options, so it's always good to try them, most shops around me have a"sample bar".

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hello Texel and welcome!

I suggest getting a small box mod like iStick 30, Heatvape Defender 36W or Cool Fire 4. Great little mods. My favorite tanks are Eleaf Air (M, GS Tank)--they are glass, very inexpensive and provide great flavor and vapor! And they come with very good replaceable coils. If you want to know more about GS Air tanks, visit this thread:

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/eleaf-gs-air-fan-part-2.699517/

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
Reactions: Justin turner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread