MOD Help!! Saber Touch, Batteries & Tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtieri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
Chicago
Hey guys! .I am looking at purchasing a Saber Touch 3.7v/6v MOD and I wanted to know what types of tanks I can use. .I am going from the Bloog MaxFusion KR808D-1 set up and this will be my first MOD. .I have been using the 3.5ml tank from V4L on these but they battery life is HORRIBLE!! .I really like the look of the Saber Touch and at the price, I want to make sure I get this right. .

Vapor Moon suggests the UltraFire 18650 3.7v batteries but I don't know what mAh to get. .I know the Saber Touch has a 510 connector on it and I just need some help with picking out the correct tank, the correct cartomizers and the correct batteries.

Thanks everyone for the help!! .Believe me....it's MUCH appreciated!!! Happy vaping!!

Tat_skull

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2010
New Mexico
Hello jtieri:) First I would suggest AW IMR 18650 batteries. I only have experience with the 1600 mah, but there is now a 2000 mah which should last longer. This battery suggestion would be if you are considering using LR carto's and atty's as they have a higher discharge to fire LR's without the power loss. Now when it comes to tanks, basically any tank on the market for 510 carto's would do. When it comes to carto's I will tell you that I am a HUGE fan of Ikenvape 801 Fusion's(I use them in a M1A1 Buzz tank), but you have to use a 510 to 801 adapter. People swear by Boges, i like em a little(I have one in a Lava Tank on my Mini Saber now), but alas I'm a flavor junky:) Now with an LR setup, your not going to get the battery life of a standard resistance setup, but it should last a day!! Advantages though for LR are warmer vapor, increased flavor, and increased throat hit(depending on joose). That's what I got:) I really can't comment on a standard resistance setup, but I'm sure someone will come along and help out:)

Last edited:

jtieri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
Chicago
Thanks guys!!! I ordered my Saber Touch and I am so damn excited!!!!! I can't WAIT for it to get here!!!! Now I just have to order some batteries, a charger and whatever the hell I am gonna put on top of it, be it a tank or something!!!!! I ordered the Screamin' Eagle Black Crinkle finish with Nickel end caps!!! YEAH BABY!!!

Secti0n31

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Since these guys don't use tanks, and I've got 6 different ones, I'll give ya my feedback on them on wednesday. I've currently got a 3.0ohm liquinator, a couple 1.5ohm DC Totally wicked DCT, A ce2 arry tank @2.8ohm, a vision stone 2ohm(which I'm not gonna vape on the ST), a Vision grande which I will vape on the ST, and a Vision Deux, both 2.5ohm. I'll let ya know how they all work.

jtieri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
Chicago
Since these guys don't use tanks, and I've got 6 different ones, I'll give ya my feedback on them on wednesday. I've currently got a 3.0ohm liquinator, a couple 1.5ohm DC Totally wicked DCT, A ce2 arry tank @2.8ohm, a vision stone 2ohm(which I'm not gonna vape on the ST), a Vision grande which I will vape on the ST, and a Vision Deux, both 2.5ohm. I'll let ya know how they all work.

THANK YOU!!!! I appreciate it!!

Secti0n31

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
No problem. However my saber is a VV which I'll set around 4.5v in order to accomodate the wicking of my ce2's. It'll still give ya a good idea of which tanks do well on the saber.

Edit: just to let you know, at 3.7v the Totally Wicked version of the SLB DCT is performing the best. Not as much flavor as the ce2 cartos, but performs and tastes very very good.

Last edited:

Dogman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
North Carolina
I've never used a tank system before. so I'll be looking forward to hearing Secti0n31's report. I'm mostly a dripper, but very interested in learning and reading more about tanks before i plop down some money. lol

but 6 different ones? ya either gonna be Vapin double-overtime or it might take you a few days to drain all those tanks lol
make sure you drink lots of water as to stay hydrated. :p

:vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor:

Secti0n31

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Allright, here's my experience in the last 5 days with my tanks. 4.45v, Totally wicked's DCT is by far my favorite at 1.5ohms. Hits like a truck, tons of vapor, stays surprisingly cooler at 4.45v than it is on my 3.7v. Seems like it's wicking slowly, but it's not.
Next up the 3ohm boge with the liquinator. Almost as good, but I'd recommend the LR version at 3.7v. Tons of wicking, no flooding, not as good a flavor as the DCT but it's easier to replace the cartos and it's much better looking.
2.7ohm ce2, doesn't wick well enough even at 4.4v. Floods too much and I don't want too much juice to get onto the connector of my saber. GotVapes's vision grande does keep up with the wicking, tastes nice, and has cooler vapor, but it's seriously flooding. I'm working on that.

at 3.7v I'd go with a LR liquinator or one of the smok tech DCT's. At higher voltages it's Dual coil all the way. With the HV circuitry of course. Nothing else compares to the DC tanks on my Saber.

Tat_skull

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2010
New Mexico
Hey section, if you ever get an opportunity, pick up an IKV 801 fusion carto and a 510 to 801 adapter:thumbs: The fusion has a 510 sleeve(will work in any standard 3ml tank) with 801 connector on it. I use these in a M1A1 Buzz tank daiy(but on a different VV). I tried it on my VV Saber at 5volts and it is simply rocking!!! It is way outperforming a DC(without tank, but kept WET)

Tat_skull

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2010
New Mexico
I just ordered 2 more of the skinny 3.5ml DCT's and extra cartos. I was gonna look into a 901 atty because of the hype, but I think I'll stick with a HH357 510 atty. Seems to be the best bang despite costing a lot of bucks. Thinkin 2.5ohm.
I'm thinking of trying out the HH357 901's, but their kinda steep:ohmy: Do the 510 versions last?

FriedLiverAtack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
California, USA
There is no magic with carto tanks. Either they have a good seal and work, or they are broken and don't work. One does not "work" better than another. It is all a matter of how well they are made for durability, how much juice they hold, how long they are to accommodate your cartos, and probably of most importance to those in this forum, how they look.

I'm not talking about ce2 tanks, a whole different topic, you need a degree in fiddleology to get them to work at all from my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread