Mod idea: The dura vape (AA box mod)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extremeodd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2009
Well sitting here using my juicybox mod (4x AA battery box using 3x AAs) I thought, hmm I wish I could keep this in my pocket and vape at work, too bad I unload trucks and would break this in a heartbeat. Wait! Looking inside it would be quite easy to recess the atomizer connection quite deep in the box. Since I put the switch on the end instead of the top I think I can do this quite easily. It will be a few days till I can get around to doing this (moving and working 7 days a week make modding tough). Here is a pic of my setup, now where the wires are soldered at the switch is where I would put the connector. This way only a small bit of the atomizer is poking out (5mm or so to grasp it) and the mouth piece. It will make the unit more easily carried in a pocket and could be handled a little more roughly. It could be even better with a small 2x AA box using one of the 3.7v AA lithiums :evil: I also have an idea for a ice breakers tin mod (recessed atomizer)

Attachments

• P1010111.jpg
    P1010111.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 144

kinabaloo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Yes, a good easy way to make it more robust.

But you will need a tiny air inlet hole in the case.

A telescopic atomiser is another idea, although while it is out it could be broken, and it's another thing to go wrong - such as the wires breaking after being moved many times. Actually, only a breathing tube need extend out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread