Mod Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix1984

Jul 14, 2015
NH, USA
Hello!

So I've been vaping on and off for about a year now with the ego style batteries. They have clearly been unsatisfying as I still smoke the stinkies :-x Recently, I tried my friends Kanger Subtank Mini on the istick 40w with .5 coil, and I think it was at 35w. I absolutely loved it!! I did DLH (loved it) and loved the warm vapor it produced! I couldn't believe the difference. So that just drives me even more to get a better set up so I can finally quit smoking!

I've done plenty of research, but I would really appreciate some opinions and recommendations. I have about $80 to spend right now. I was hoping for 2 possible setups. I was thinking about the ijust 2, and the Cool Fire IV plus apex kit. Also the Kanger subtank mini with istick 40w, but I read the tank leaks a lot? I was also looking at the Uwell Crown tank. I guess I'd prefer an internal battery for now as well. All opinions and any other recommendations, would truly be appreciated!!! Sorry this was so long!

Thank you all for all your help in this forum! :thumbs:

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Also the Kanger subtank mini with istick 40w, but I read the tank leaks a lot?
I've had my Subtank Mini for about a month now and have not experienced any leaking at all. I like the STM because it has the option of building your own coils using the RBA unit. Some of the others you mentioned might, too, I don't know. Since I started DIY'ing my own juice, replacement coils became my biggest vaping expense. Now that I DIY those too, vaping is almost free. These days, my biggest expense is G.A.S. or Gear Acquisition Syndrome, also known as "Shinyitis." It's a condition that afflicts members of nearly all hobbyist communities.

Remember that the vapor is produced by your tank or atomizer, not the device that powers it. So really, all you need is a device that is 1: capable of supplying the power you need, and 2: looks nice to you. I'll agree, the STM with .5 coil (either stock or custom) at 35 watts is a great vape. It's one of my all-day favorites, along with a Kayfun Lite+ with 1.8 coil at 12.5 watts when I'm in the mood for tootle-puffing. If you've already found something you like, why gamble on something else? I would say get the Subtank, and a device capable of hitting 35w at .5Ω like you like, and you're golden! More watts wouldn't hurt, either, in case you want to go there in the future. There's no rule says you have to use them all, if you don't want. I am often (always, before I got the SubTank) puffing on my 40W DNA device way down at 12.5W even though it goes all the way up to 40. Ain't nothin' wrong with that.

Last edited:

Phoenix1984

Jul 14, 2015
NH, USA
I've had my Subtank Mini for about a month now and have not experienced any leaking at all. I like the STM because it has the option of building your own coils using the RBA unit. Some of the others you mentioned might, too, I don't know. Since I started DIY'ing my own juice, replacement coils became my biggest vaping expense. Now that I DIY those too, vaping is almost free. These days, my biggest expense is G.A.S. or Gear Acquisition Syndrome, also known as "Shinyitis." It's a condition that afflicts members of nearly all hobbyist communities.

Remember that the vapor is produced by your tank or atomizer, not the device that powers it. So really, all you need is a device that is 1: capable of supplying the power you need, and 2: looks nice to you. I'll agree, the STM with .5 coil (either stock or custom) at 35 watts is a great vape. It's one of my all-day favorites, along with a Kayfun Lite+ with 1.8 coil at 12.5 watts when I'm in the mood for tootle-puffing. If you've already found something you like, why gamble on something else? I would say get the Subtank, and a device capable of hitting 35w at .5Ω like you like, and you're golden! More watts wouldn't hurt, either, in case you want to go there in the future. There's no rule says you have to use them all, if you don't want. I am often (always, before I got the SubTank) puffing on my 40W DNA device way down at 12.5W even though it goes all the way up to 40. Ain't nothin' wrong with that.
Thank you for responding!!

You're definitely right about that. I guess the only thing that is really keeping me from buying the STM, is the price of the coils. I don't think I'd be up for rebuilding just yet. When I stated I was looking for two setups, I should've explained a little better haha. I was wondering what would be better; a tank and two mods, or two tanks and one mod? I was also looking at the MVP 3.0 pro. So basically that one, or the CF4+ is what I'm confusing, plus the tank/s. I definitely feel the "shinyitis" growing haha I want so many! It's so tough to decide.

havoc1967

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Colorado Springs
I have said for years that the best entry level device to start on is the MVP. High quality device that is affordable, and also has an internal battery so you don't have the additional investment of batteries and a charger. The MVP Pro is on sale right now at various locations and has fantastic reviews. That and a quality tank would be a great start in my opinion.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
I was wondering what would be better; a tank and two mods, or two tanks and one mod?
Ah, well in that case, I'd say get two tanks and one mod. One tank and two mods, you're going to get basically the same experience from the tank no matter which mod you hook it up to, but with two tanks and one mod, you can change up the experience just by switching tanks.

Phoenix1984

Jul 14, 2015
NH, USA
I have said for years that the best entry level device to start on is the MVP. High quality device that is affordable, and also has an internal battery so you don't have the additional investment of batteries and a charger. The MVP Pro is on sale right now at various locations and has fantastic reviews. That and a quality tank would be a great start in my opinion.
Thank you for replying, ya I've seen so many great reviews on it. I've seen it on sale today for $35! Hard to pass that up!

Reactions: havoc1967

Phoenix1984

Jul 14, 2015
NH, USA
Ah, well in that case, I'd say get two tanks and one mod. One tank and two mods, you're going to get basically the same experience from the tank no matter which mod you hook it up to, but with two tanks and one mod, you can change up the experience just by switching tanks.
Haha definitely makes sense, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread